Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i follow this S2 testing story, my cynical mind begins to overthink. The overthinking looks like this:

What are the chances that some mid 1st round team leaked the story about CJ to try and get him to fall to their pick? What are the chances it was someone connected to the Titans? What are the chances CJ was in on it to try and control where he goes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I could buy a team leaking it so he drops lower, but no way would I believe Stroud would go along with it. He still wouldnt control what team he went to and he loses a lot of money in the process.

I could buy a team leaking it so he drops lower, but no way would I believe Stroud would go along with it. He still wouldnt control what team he went to and he loses a lot of money in the process.

Sure, but what if he was just trying to NOT go to Carolina, Houston, or Indy.

Basically admitting that he’s not too bright…lol.

You can’t dismiss the fact that an NFL especially needs to be able to process information quickly and make split seconds decisions consistently to be successful.

This isn’t college where you can excel based on athletic ability alone. We saw deer in headlights Willis firsthand last year struggle with this exact same thing. I definitely wouldn’t want to waste a high first round draft pick on him. To me, this is a major red flag.

Basically admitting that he’s not too bright…lol.

You can’t dismiss the fact that an NFL especially needs to be able to process information quickly and make split seconds decisions consistently to be successful.

This isn’t college where you can excel based on athletic ability alone. We saw deer in headlights Willis firsthand last year struggle with this exact same thing. I definitely wouldn’t want to waste a high first round draft pick on him. To me, this is a major red flag.
The guy who created the test said it wasn’t a big deal.

The guy who created the test said it wasn’t a big deal.
Then why bother giving them a test at all if the test doesn’t mean anything?

The test is designed to judge or guage a players ability to process information and how quickly they can make decisions based on that information. For an NFL QB those are the most important traits to possess.

How many guys that could “make all of the throws” or were athletic freaks flame out because they couldn’t read defenses or have pocket awareness, go through progressions, etc. Then on the other side is the Tom Brady’s and Peyton Mannings who were not athletic at all but dominated specifically because of their ability to know where to go with the ball quickly. Change plays at the line based on defensive alignment, quickly go through progressions, etc.

I hope this kid works out and he might have a stellar career. But I think he is a high risk, low ceiling proposition. If I was going to take a risky QB prospect I think I’d go with Richardson before Stroud. At least his ceiling is though the roof if he can make the transition to the NFL.

Then why bother giving them a test at all if the test doesn’t mean anything?

The test is designed to judge or guage a players ability to process information and how quickly they can make decisions based on that information. For an NFL QB those are the most important traits to possess.

How many guys that could “make all of the throws” or were athletic freaks flame out because they couldn’t read defenses or have pocket awareness, go through progressions, etc. Then on the other side is the Tom Brady’s and Peyton Mannings who were not athletic at all but dominated specifically because of their ability to know where to go with the ball quickly. Change plays at the line based on defensive alignment, quickly go through progressions, etc.

I hope this kid works out and he might have a stellar career. But I think he is a high risk, low ceiling proposition. If I was going to take a risky QB prospect I think I’d go with Richardson before Stroud. At least his ceiling is though the roof if he can make the transition to the NFL.
I wouldn’t bother with either. Richardson has started a grand total of 13 games and has a poor completion percentage. Another guy with great combine numbers but doesn’t have the game to back it up.

I am starting to have a sinking feeling we are getting ready to mortgage the future on another QB who won’t pan out.
Me too. Way too much chit in the air right now with how they want a QB. Now, I will say it does depend on how 1 and 2 fall.

I don't think they will move up for Levis or Richardson.

I wouldn’t bother with either. Richardson has started a grand total of 13 games and has a poor completion percentage. Another guy with great combine numbers but doesn’t have the game to back it up.
I agree, I’m not really sold on any of the QBs this year. Not in the top 5 draft picks anyway. And I certainly don’t want to move up and bet the farm for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back