Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake didn’t have Levis arm. Levis has elite arm strength. To be fair Locker might have been good. But he just got hurt a lot and couldn’t stay on the field.
Locker was a gunslinger. I think he could have at least made a decent career as a backup if he didn't work out as a starter. He didn't have the mental aspects though. Spending more time rehabbing than playing broke his spirit.

I will be the first to say my memory is sketchy, but seems I remember Locker having one hell of an arm but a serious accuracy issue.Then pile on the injuries and he just never really had a chance to develop.

Yup, Locker sure did have a big arm. Heck, even Mettenburger had a huge arm too (granted he was slow as a Sloth).

Lesson here is that it takes more to be a successful QB than a cannon of an arm. That's basically all I hear from Willis and Levis is their arm strength and nothing more at this time.

Hopefully the game has “slowed down” for him.
Last season he looked erratic AF
images

In all fairness to Willis he was deemed a bit of a project coming in, playing behind our crap line and street WRs can't say I'm surprised he struggled.
Willis' problems aren't on anyone else. He holds the ball and wants to run instead of pass. Can't blame the OL for the QB holding the ball too long or taking off running instead of going through progressions and throwing the ball. Or not even throwing the ball away when nothing is there. He just squirrels no matter what.

fwiw - In a possible what the heck are GM's thinking during the draft moment.......Tyson Bagent who played briefly against the Titans (4/5 37 yds) went 9/10 76 yds (1 TD running) against the Colts yesterday. During his college career at Shepard, he had 17,000+ yds and 159 TDs. Impressive enough to get an invite to the Senior Bowl where he was 17/22 124 yds. Bagent is a UDFA who has looked poised and accurate with very good decision making. He's looking like he has an excellent chance of making the 53 man roster and very well could be the Bears back-up QB. He's clearly outplayed the veterans Walker and Peterman.

He's been playing QB since the age of 6 when his father forced him to play QB. The Bears may have gotten the inside tract to siging him since their OC Getsy was one of the head coaches at the Senior Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back