Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
quoting Vrabel...

Malik should have hit him in the chest. Whyle should have caught it.

they both were at fault.

Hitting him in the chest is not always the best option. Giving the receiver the ability to open his body to immediately progress forward is just as important --- hitting him in the chest would at least to some small portion reduce the progression forward.

"Catch the ball first, then run." -- yes, but if your QB can mitigate both by placing it where you can make a play on it while your body is in direct facing of the endzone, then that is just as important.

The one statement that holds water in all cases ---- "if you get your hands on it, you gotta catch it."

willis threw the receiver open on first play of game

of course Titans probably practiced that play dozens of times... but still credit where due

My thoughts.

Both QB played ok. BUT Neither QB was able to push that ball downfield. You can blame the qb, the wr, the line, or the offense, but the matter is still unresolved. We are still looking at trying to move the ball 80 yards in 15 plays, and that isn't going to put points on the board. Too many opportunities to fail.

Willis was better than Levis, but nothing special. Just ok.

Biggest concern was that Levis missed the big play on the final drive. It was there for the taking. He missed the throw. Winners don't miss that one. They just don't. Willis also missed those first down throws right in front of him. So not excited about that.

And we threw short of the chains a couple of times.

So for me, I see the same problems despite some mild improvement. No downfield completions. Playing short of the sticks. And missed some clutch opportunities.

My thoughts.

Both QB played ok. BUT Neither QB was able to push that ball downfield. You can blame the qb, the wr, the line, or the offense, but the matter is still unresolved. We are still looking at trying to move the ball 80 yards in 15 plays, and that isn't going to put points on the board. Too many opportunities to fail.

Willis was better than Levis, but nothing special. Just ok.

Biggest concern was that Levis missed the big play on the final drive. It was there for the taking. He missed the throw. Winners don't miss that one. They just don't. Willis also missed those first down throws right in front of him. So not excited about that.

And we threw short of the chains a couple of times.

So for me, I see the same problems despite some mild improvement. No downfield completions. Playing short of the sticks. And missed some clutch opportunities.
exhibition football...

vrable best play starters next 2 games otherwise hard to not predict M*A*S*H 2023 Groundhog Day again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back