Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , I can go along with some of that . He is not an “average “ 3rd rounder though for bettter or worse . I have not heard much of anyone saying he should start right now . It’s just weird how us as fans cannot be positive and hopeful about someone who although raw is showing promise , elite athleticism , great attitude , willingness to learn and he doesn’t look scared or lacking confidence at all . Most young qb’s especially athletic ones , have to learn to train their eyes and get rid of the ball. If we need to carry 3 quarterbacks , I’m cool with that . I feel Malik has earned that through what he’s displaying skill wise and especially attitude wise . He’s worth the time and the teaching to get a fair shot .
He certainly can’t do worse than Woodside. At least Willis has a ton of upside which Logan does not.

Ok but there’s nothing to cry about either . So far , as a 3rd rounder it’s been pure profit . His attitude has been great and the whole world knew he was a project . He’s doing exactly what was expected and then some and he’s a good learner . He has not disappointed one bit . That’s my point . Im hearing complaints like he was a first rounder and was expected to start this year . Sounds like hate . I’ve never seen any 3rd rounder who was actually flashing a bit for the Titans and had a positive attitude get criticized like this .

My complaint is he's not showing to be any better than Joe Blow who won't be on a team tomorrow and people are acting like he's something to be proud of.

It's not about expectations...it's about what I'm seeing on the field versus the hype he's getting. It just isn't deserved.

My complaint is he's not showing to be any better than Joe Blow who won't be on a team tomorrow and people are acting like he's something to be proud of.

It's not about expectations...it's about what I'm seeing on the field versus the hype he's getting. It just isn't deserved.

Wouldn’t hype and expectations go hand in hand??

What you’re seeing on the field is a raw talent getting his first taste of pro ball. You can’t expect a prospect that’s been drafted as a project, to be a polished and finished product in his first few pre-season games. Especially behind a line that’s near equivalent to the one he was behind at Liberty.

Edit: I’ve probably mis-read/understood you’re mention of hype here. But I haven’t seen an absurd amount of people anointing Willis our savior or calling for him to take over for Tanny. While I have seen plenty of posts ignoring the potential he’s shown to be able to grow into a NFL caliber QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t hype and expectations go hand in hand??

What you’re seeing on the field is a raw talent getting his first taste of pro ball. You can’t expect a prospect that’s been drafted as a project, to be a polished and finished product in his first few pre-season games. Especially behind a line that’s near equivalent to the one he was behind at Liberty.

Edit: I’ve probably mis-read/understood you’re mention of hype here. But I haven’t seen an absurd amount of people anointing Willis our savior or calling for him to take over for Tanny. While I have seen plenty of posts ignoring the potential he’s shown to be able to grow into a NFL caliber QB.
I'm not saying anyone is anointing him the starter. But there's certainly hype from the media and fans. I haven't seen this "potential" that everyone keeps talking about. (He did play better tonight at least) I've seen a dozen other nobody QBs around the league play as well or better than Willis has and they aren't getting the same hype. Really the only reason he's getting any mention is people expect him to be better than a typical 3rd rounder. If he wasn't projected higher in the draft etc, no one would be talking about him. That's my point.

I'm not saying anyone is anointing him the starter. But there's certainly hype from the media and fans. I haven't seen this "potential" that everyone keeps talking about. (He did play better tonight at least) I've seen a dozen other nobody QBs around the league play as well or better than Willis has and they aren't getting the same hype. Really the only reason he's getting any mention is people expect him to be better than a typical 3rd rounder. If he wasn't projected higher in the draft etc, no one would be talking about him. That's my point.

Did Malik steal your girlfriend/wife from you? My goodness.

Here’s what I see that I believe are special traits to be developed more but he’s shown flashes of beyond Joe Blow:
1) Very strong arm
2) Able to make off platform throws
3) Good wheels to add that running dimension

Now, he needs much more work in processing his reads, timing, footwork - gotta stop slinging that right foot when he throws. He might get all that down and become a consistent threat, he might not. I think the promise is there and I am hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back