Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest. I didn’t watch either of these first two preseason games. No need really. My dad did though, and he told me he liked our new QB. Don’t know what that means, but there it is. He told me strong arm running…. Lol

The best thing for the team is for management to wake up and get a decent number two and let Willis redshirt for at least two seasons and learn the pro game.

Is this a real option? Guy is on contract for 4 years. You spend two of them redshirted, and then throw him in as a starter with only two years on contract? If he's not ready next year, he's not going to make it.

Is this a real option? Guy is on contract for 4 years. You spend two of them redshirted, and then throw him in as a starter with only two years on contract? If he's not ready next year, he's not going to make it.
Flat out answer is no.

has nothing to do with Willis’s contract either.
There are no “decent number two’s” available. Next best bet would be to try getting a capable #1 (also not available) but that’s now out of the affordable range.

If he starts next year it’s just a trial run year with no expectations of success. He needs every bit of two years to grow into the job. He can start for two years and get the tag for two if necessary. But,I suspect we will have some competition for him after next year as well. Depends on how delusional the front office gets about his arm talent and running vs the actual ability to play QB. I hope he makes it all the way and goes to the HOF but I ain’t holding my breath.

Warren Moon, Steve McNair - this fan base doesn’t care about skin tone, it cares about wins. Willis is what most 3rd round QBs are - raw with some intriguing trait. However, most never become starters.
You’re not the spokesperson for the fan base and I’m not here to offend . Willis by the way , whether successful or not has “star potential” intriguing traits not “typical” of many 3rd round picks . He is a member of “this” team and is doing quite well thus far in his development. The Titan organization and the football media nation wide are commending him on his progress . Nobody said he is guaranteed , for nothing on Gods earth is , especially quarterbacks (even 1st rounders). Kid is showing promise right now , if he wasn’t highly touted and was of a lighter shade , I think certain people , not all would be more giddy at the moment. Just my humble opinion . No big deal it’s just life and the world we live in . If they did the draft over after these 2 preseason games do you think Willis still drops to us in the 3rd round ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re not the spokesperson for the fan base and I’m not here to offend . Willis by the way , whether successful or not has “star potential” intriguing traits not “typical” of many 3rd round picks . He is a member of “this” team and is doing quite well thus far in his development. The Titan organization and the football media nation wide are commending him on his progress . Nobody said he is guaranteed , for nothing on Gods earth is , especially quarterbacks (even 1st rounders). Kid is showing promise right now , if he wasn’t highly touted and was of a lighter shade , I think certain people , not all would be more giddy at the moment. Just my humble opinion . No big deal it’s just life and the world we live in . If they did the draft over after these 2 preseason games do you think Willis still drops to us in the 3rd round ?
Willis is being wayyy overhyped by pretty much every fan and media. So who are these racist that hate him for his skin tone?

Maybe he should complete more than 46 percent of his passes and stop trying to run around for no reason and the rest of us would give him some praise. But as I see it right now, there is nothing much to praise.

Actually, I was appointed spokesman in ‘97. Sorry you missed it, it was a beautiful ceremony. I still have some of the cake in the freezer.

Willis is being wayyy overhyped by pretty much every fan and media. So who are these racist that hate him for his skin tone?

Maybe he should complete more than 46 percent of his passes and stop trying to run around for no reason and the rest of us would give him some praise. But as I see it right now, there is nothing much to praise.
Ok but there’s nothing to cry about either . So far , as a 3rd rounder it’s been pure profit . His attitude has been great and the whole world knew he was a project . He’s doing exactly what was expected and then some and he’s a good learner . He has not disappointed one bit . That’s my point . Im hearing complaints like he was a first rounder and was expected to start this year . Sounds like hate . I’ve never seen any 3rd rounder who was actually flashing a bit for the Titans and had a positive attitude get criticized like this .

Ok but there’s nothing to cry about either . So far , as a 3rd rounder it’s been pure profit . His attitude has been great and the whole world knew he was a project . He’s doing exactly what was expected and then some and he’s a good learner . He has not disappointed one bit . That’s my point . Im hearing complaints like he was a first rounder and was expected to start this year . Sounds like hate . I’ve never seen any 3rd rounder who was actually flashing a bit for the Titans and had a positive attitude get criticized like this .
What I’ve heard is more about tapping the brakes than complaining. Saying he isn’t ready yet and has a ways to go is more about tempering expectations for those fans and media who think he is NFL ready right now. For a 3rd rounder, he’s probably about what you should expect in terms of being ready to start. Hopefully, he can fully develop, but as many have stated, it is statistically pretty rare to have a 3rd round developmental QB make it to sustained starter level.

What I’ve heard is more about tapping the brakes than complaining. Saying he isn’t ready yet and has a ways to go is more about tempering expectations for those fans and media who think he is NFL ready right now. For a 3rd rounder, he’s probably about what you should expect in terms of being ready to start. Hopefully, he can fully develop, but as many have stated, it is statistically pretty rare to have a 3rd round developmental QB make it to sustained starter level.
Ok , I can go along with some of that . He is not an “average “ 3rd rounder though for bettter or worse . I have not heard much of anyone saying he should start right now . It’s just weird how us as fans cannot be positive and hopeful about someone who although raw is showing promise , elite athleticism , great attitude , willingness to learn and he doesn’t look scared or lacking confidence at all . Most young qb’s especially athletic ones , have to learn to train their eyes and get rid of the ball. If we need to carry 3 quarterbacks , I’m cool with that . I feel Malik has earned that through what he’s displaying skill wise and especially attitude wise . He’s worth the time and the teaching to get a fair shot .

I know this is far from the only titans talk around, but who said they expected him to start this year?

Edit: I see your next post that explains clearer.

I think at this point we all have learned that draft position means nothing, it's all a gamble...top picks fail as much as late round picks surprise.

I think at this point we all have learned that draft position means nothing, it's all a gamble...top picks fail as much as late round picks surprise.

Top picks though fail at a higher rare than mid picks surprise.

It's easy to remember guys like Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. There are far more guys though like Trent Edward's, Garrett Grayson, Craig Krenzel, Ricky Stanzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back