Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodside has hung for a few seasons. He’d provide the correct game management if forced into action.. pre-snap, timing, progressions, throwing the ball away to avoid sacks and other small plays that can go overlooked. It wouldn’t be pretty, but he’ll make the decision an NFL coach would want, which as to be expected, is what Willis is lacking as a rookie.

Willis obviously has more upside and game-breaker in him. IMO the only real advantage he provides over Woodside right now, besides the cannon arm, is his ability to extend plays. Multiple drop backs in the first half would have been sacks had Woodside started the game.

Woodside has hung for a few seasons. He’d provide the correct game management if forced into action.. pre-snap, timing, progressions, throwing the ball away to avoid sacks and other small plays that can go overlooked. It wouldn’t be pretty, but he’ll make the decision an NFL coach would want, which as to be expected, is what Willis is lacking as a rookie.

Willis obviously has more upside and game-breaker in him. IMO the only real advantage he provides over Woodside right now, besides the cannon arm, is his ability to extend plays. Multiple drop backs in the first half would have been sacks had Woodside started the game.

Reminds me of matt cassell

I agree woodside is awful as well. Someone will cut a better qb than our backups and we will sign em.

Agreed. There’s no reason to keep Woodside if better options become available. Willis should not see the field this year, even in select packages. But it is very apparent people are quick to forget he was drafted as a longterm project.

couple things I saw:
Willis can make a, maybe even two guys miss when running. Need him to pass better. I want him to have a season to learn before full judgement.

Phillips can PR. Haven’t had one of those in awhile.

The D has a bunch of “no names” ready to play. That’s great news for depth.

Woodside, “deep ball” is terrible. All 3 INTs he’s throw. We’re on deeper throws and not close. Today’s was the closest but a very covered WR.

I’ve never wanted to keep 2 Punters as bad as I do currently. I don’t want any other team to have even a chance at Stonehouse or of course Kern.

Agreed. There’s no reason to keep Woodside if better options become available. Willis should not see the field this year, even in select packages. But it is very apparent people are quick to forget he was drafted as a longterm project.

oh no doubt. He gets a roster spot, but i think we need an experienced backup just in case tanne goes down. Willis is a longterm project, but we need a short term answer. Woodside needs to go.

Outstanding human being , salute to Mariota , I wish him all the success. No knock on Tanny either , he seems like a good dude .

That makes two of us. And he has been flat killing it. I watched some video of their joint practice against the jets. He and Pitts are gonna put up some numbers if they stay healthy.

People are really going full homer for Willis. Been watching random QBs (even rookies)around the league looking way better than Willis.

Being able to run fast and having a strong arm doesn't make you an NFL calibre QB.

We can say he's a project...that really just means he's not very good and 99% likely he never will be. How many QBs come in to the NFL trash and develop into starting QBs?

I know it's preseason, but I can't believe we're even talking about Woodside and Willis in the same conversation after tonight. The "game manager" comments about Logan sound like anything but a good excuse not to try someone else as #2. And what has Willis shown, but a willingness to make good, snap decisions already? Of course his stats aren't going to look great. But the "vet" comments are just hard to believe about Woodside, as I stopped watching immediately because he looked scared. Willis didn't. Tannehill should also be worried.

Sorry but folks are crazy on here hating on Willis as a 3rd round pick . He needs work yes but he hasn’t been a disappointment at all . I dare say if he wasn’t pre hyped in draft and was of a paler skin tone as a 3rd rounder some of these same folks would actually be kinda excited. Just my humble opinion.
Warren Moon, Steve McNair - this fan base doesn’t care about skin tone, it cares about wins. Willis is what most 3rd round QBs are - raw with some intriguing trait. However, most never become starters.

We don’t have an adequate back-up QB and haven’t since Mariotta/Tannehill. The best thing for the team is for management to wake up and get a decent number two and let Willis redshirt for at least two seasons and learn the pro game. Against real NFL starters, Willis would struggle even more. Let’s develop the talent and not discourage the player by putting him in too soon. At the end of the day though, neither Willis nor Woodside look capable of stepping in against 1st stringers for any sustained playing time.

It’s also painfully obvious that the plug-a-bum philosophy on the OL is going to be painful to watch and will hurt the team this year. Very disappointed we didn’t do better in addressing this obvious issue.

It’s also painfully obvious that the plug-a-bum philosophy on the OL is going to be painful to watch and will hurt the team this year. Very disappointed we didn’t do better in addressing this obvious issue.
Couldn’t agree more. I would love to see us bring in a couple veteran OL this week to solidify things and cut bums like Roos, Delaurio and Levin who got blown up all night last night by third stringers.

There's no way you believe this. When has woodside shown he can do anything? Willis has an insane amount more potential and is every bit as good (I personally think he's better) as a nfl qb at the moment. We are better off keeping Stonehouse over woodside (joke).
I absolutely believe that Willis couldn’t lead us to a win if anything happened to RT. Woodside gives us a better chance to win now. Obviously, Malik has far better upside and is the backup of the future, but he made so many bone headed plays last night that would have been even more costly against starting defenses. Woodside has been behind the 3rd string OL and throwing to scrubs all preseason. Makes him look worse than he is IMO.

My observations

Radunz played like trash…Little Brother will start unless we make a trade….just sucks that we spent a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder on OT and still need help

Farley played well…he was aggressive and physical

Lonnie Johnson and Kalu both flashed as did our backup LBers

the defense is going to be nasty and has depth

Stonehouse was the holder on the fgs last night and did just fine…their is no doubt that he has the stronger leg but Kerns accuracy is better…too bad we can’t keep 2 punters active on game day…Stonehouse as the flip the field guy and Kern as the pin them deep guy…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back