Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we kinda needed that or we probably wouldn't have taken a QB north of 4th round this year......

Tannehill sucked in the regular season (21TD 14INT), and the postseason (especially considering the defense we put together.) You can chalk it up to the injury bug, WR depth etc. etc. -- but that is exactly how we gave Mariota a pass every year until the game vs Denver..... blaming it on other things..

I'd rather not totally tear his foot, so I was fine them doing right by it, and as much as it hurts to say that we did --- find out that Tannehill is what he'll only ever be.... Tannehill.... grab you a developmental QB in the offseason (however I most definitely was not expecting Malik, and excited it fell that way), and rest the king for 2022.
Downings Syndrome is not supposed to be contagious

dismissing putting out teams of insurance salesmen instead of nfl players
I think you may be on an island on this one. No one wants to see a potential starter hurt in a preseason game, particularly the last one. Also with 37 players having to be cut, you have to look at those guys in game situations. I think the fact that so many teams have joint practices these days makes playing starters unnecessary. Preseason is also a tune up and the teams are not obligated even philosophically to entertain but rather evaluate and correct/teach.

I think you may be on an island on this one. No one wants to see a potential starter hurt in a preseason game, particularly the last one. Also with 37 players having to be cut, you have to look at those guys in game situations. I think the fact that so many teams have joint practices these days makes playing starters unnecessary. Preseason is also a tune up and the teams are not obligated even philosophically to entertain but rather evaluate and correct/teach.
I could do without preseason games, certainly could get same value from the joint practices, they seem to have intensity...I think the issue with preseason games is that it's a money grab and the product on the field isn't worth it. Unless you face that team in the reg season, what's the purpose? And no starters, what's the purpose?

yet they FORCE season ticket holders to purchase tickets to these fraudulent exhibitions

I could do without preseason games, certainly could get same value from the joint practices, they seem to have intensity...I think the issue with preseason games is that it's a money grab and the product on the field isn't worth it. Unless you face that team in the reg season, what's the purpose? And no starters, what's the purpose?
I think joint practices are extremely helpful, but not the same as playing in front of a crowd under the lights. Preseason definitely gives a better opportunity for player evaluation. BUT… they shouldn’t charge for these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back