Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the randomness of that list is that it still doesn’t really give full explanation to the game.
They out gained Min by 50 yards, not too lobsided.
Got outrushed, only a few yards.
We’re only 3/10 on 3rd down vs Min much better 8/15.
They gave up more sacks 3:1.
They ran 11 less plays while also losing clock control by 13 minutes.

all that said, curious who put THAT specific list together, went through every other NFL game, and discovered undefeated streak. It’s almost a case of thinking NE “should” have won, but honestly that statistically was a very close game.

The problem with the randomness of that list is that it still doesn’t really give full explanation to the game.

all that said, curious who put THAT specific list together, went through every other NFL game, and discovered undefeated streak. It’s almost a case of thinking NE “should” have won, but honestly that statistically was a very close game.

It's Opta Stats, it's literally their job.

It's Opta Stats, it's literally their job.
I can understand that but even if you have a few people looking up nothing but historic stats, someone had to go, what’s the record when a QB’s completes 70%?
Then, how about zero TO?
Scored 25+ points?
I’m sure at that point, you have a pretty winning record BUT
What about 400+ total yards?
Didn’t miss a FG? That’s a weird addition anyway.
Didn’t get penalized for, let’s throw out a random, 60+ yards?
And for the icing, the opponent had less yards?

None of anything there has me convinced that either NE deserved to win that game or any kind of actual streak was broken by losing.

I can understand that but even if you have a few people looking up nothing but historic stats, someone had to go, what’s the record when a QB’s completes 70%?
Then, how about zero TO?
Scored 25+ points?
I’m sure at that point, you have a pretty winning record BUT
What about 400+ total yards?
Didn’t miss a FG? That’s a weird addition anyway.
Didn’t get penalized for, let’s throw out a random, 60+ yards?
And for the icing, the opponent had less yards?

None of anything there has me convinced that either NE deserved to win that game or any kind of actual streak was broken by losing.

They come up with some wild ass stats for everything. In this case, they jumbled every stat they could find it seems. I guess when you get paid for that kind of stuff, you can waste the time.

100% The Pat's should have won this game. Every high variance big swing went the Vikes way. They have been running this way all season, and that's fine it happens but it's unsustainable

100% The Pat's should have won this game. Every high variance big swing went the Vikes way. They have been running this way all season, and that's fine it happens but it's unsustainable
I guess that gets to the subjectivity of momentum or refs.
To me, looked like a pretty even game that could have gone either way, NE gave up a rare KO return TD and that was ultimately the difference in score too. Probably a bit of karma for pulling off that s**tshow of a game last week stealing a game from NYJ on a rare PR TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back