Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes was a complete bust which was surprising. I don’t know what they saw in Dawkins to bring him back over McNichols last year. I didn’t see what they saw, but then I wasn’t at practices either.

When your team is built to ground and pound, you make sure you have a few on the roster that can do so. As of right now, we don’t....

Who remembers the game against the Raiders when Henry was running on one hamstring? A lot of those runs were completely unnecessary, due to not having a back up RB.

I like Evans, but let's not remember he's an unproven rookie RB. Talent wise, he looks the part and I can't wait to see what he brings to this team now and in the future.

If he was the lowest performing player at his position then yeah bust. I didn’t say draft bust. Any player can be a bust. It means you weren’t good enough plain and simple.
I disagree.
Sankey was a bust. Kalfani was just a failed experiment. Draft capital is a huge factor.

There is a difference between draft capital and ability. If you sign a free agent who fails, he was a bust. All “bust” means is that you couldn’t hack it. People are confusing expectation and success or failure. I don’t expect a UDFA to succeed and therefore don’t believe it’s wasting time to try him out. BUT... if he fails he was a bust. The term “bust” goes beyond sports and is a slang term for failure. Now if you simply define “success” as being signed for a tryout, then Barnes was not a bust. If instead, the expectation was that Barnes would stick and contribute, then he was a bust.

There is a difference between draft capital and ability. If you sign a free agent who fails, he was a bust. All “bust” means is that you couldn’t hack it. People are confusing expectation and success or failure. I don’t expect a UDFA to succeed and therefore don’t believe it’s wasting time to try him out. BUT... if he fails he was a bust. The term “bust” goes beyond sports and is a slang term for failure. Now if you simply define “success” as being signed for a tryout, then Barnes was not a bust. If instead, the expectation was that Barnes would stick and contribute, then he was a bust.
I suppose I was a bust too. I really wanted to be in the NFL when I was 10 and didnt end up making it.

I suppose I was a bust too. I really wanted to be in the NFL when I was 10 and didnt end up making it.
Also, didn’t end up with a try out either I’m guessing. So, can’t be a bust unless you fail and you gotta try before you can fail. I didn’t realize this was such a Tricky subject.

I’m not sure how I feel about having Beasley and LF on the same team. You can only have two underachieving players in at a time.

How can you justify a top 5 pick, whose old team declined the 5th year option, getting cut, isn’t an underachiever?
Depends what underachieving means I guess...stats wise he didn't (at least 2019), being the longterm answer at RB and whatever locker room issues there were, yes he failed.
Taking him at 4 over Mahomes and Watson was a huge mistake, that's not Fournette's fault.

Depends what underachieving means I guess...stats wise he didn't (at least 2019), being the longterm answer at RB and whatever locker room issues there were, yes he failed.
Taking him at 4 over Mahomes and Watson was a huge mistake, that's not Fournette's fault.
Personally, I don’t think 1k as a running back on a run first team is much to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back