Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The more I think about it the more I think it makes sense to move on from Henry. Investing that type of money in a RB is usually a mistake. I feel we could find his replacement in the second round. Dobbins, Entienne, Moss, Harris, Hubbard etc. some of these guy should be there in the third. Thoughts?

The more I think about it the more I think it makes sense to move on from Henry. Investing that type of money in a RB is usually a mistake. I feel we could find his replacement in the second round. Dobbins, Entienne, Moss, Harris, Hubbard etc. some of these guy should be there in the third. Thoughts?
We need another Bishop Sankey.

You should've bought this thread up after a bad performance from Henry, not from a performance where we would've won with Henry in the game.

I hate the thought of paying Henry 12+ mil a year, or any rb that kind of money. But we kinda have to, he is the face of this franchise right now. We can't just let him leave.

And looking at the bright side of it, he's still just 25 years old, so we should have him for 3-4 prime years before he hits the decline. So while it sucks using that much cap on a rb, it makes the most since for the Titans.

I hate the thought of paying Henry 12+ mil a year, or any rb that kind of money. But we kinda have to, he is the face of this franchise right now. We can't just let him leave.

And looking at the bright side of it, he's still just 25 years old, so we should have him for 3-4 prime years before he hits the decline. So while it sucks using that much cap on a rb, it makes the most since for the Titans.

But actually don’t have too...the teams that regularly win don’t make such decisions. They don’t do what fans think they have to do.

You should've bought this thread up after a bad performance from Henry, not from a performance where we would've won with Henry in the game.
I think you made my point for me. We could have easily won without him. If we had a solid starting running back like Dobbins or Etienne it would have been enough. And if we could spend that cap space on other positions it would keep us competitive. If you pay Henry a boat load you lose pieces that made you competitive in this game and this season.

I think a lot of people assume we can go get any free agent we want.

I'm not sure it works that way. Plus we haven't exactly killed it buying talent.

If we had a legit Oline, we could get away with getting almost any RB.

But we don't. So we need a workhorse until that time.

If we had a legit Oline, we could get away with getting almost any RB.

But we don't. So we need a workhorse until that time.

The line has actually played well the last half of the season. And we had two scrubs play today and almost beat one of the best teams in the league. We scored 28 pts without Henry. We don’t need Henry. Money could be spent in better places.

The line has actually played well the last half of the season. And we had two scrubs play today and almost beat one of the best teams in the league. We scored 28 pts without Henry. We don’t need Henry. Money could be spent in better places.
Not well enough to plug and play.

Marginal improvement in a few games is not when you step back and pronounce "IT'S FIXED!"

Not well enough to plug and play.

Marginal improvement in a few games is not when you step back and pronounce "IT'S FIXED!"

So what do you think they will do? What position do you think they will replace on the oline? Also how do you think they will do it? Will they use legit draft capital, like a first or second round pick? Free agent?

To be fair OL has generally been pretty good in run blocking.

I’m all for keeping Henry at a reasonable price but it’s completely understandable to look at the talent in this draft and say we can afford to let him walk if the price is too high.

To be fair OL has generally been pretty good in run blocking.

I’m all for keeping Henry at a reasonable price but it’s completely understandable to look at the talent in this draft and say we can afford to let him walk if the price is too high.

This. If we don’t pay too much, OK. There is a price that woman’s sense. But I bet he wants more. I wouldn’t give it to him.

Did you see how awful the run approach looked with Dion getting bulk of carries...

That's what you'd get with any of those scat backs listed...

Henry burns through arm tackles big time, whereas your new age tradition "receiving" rbs tend get suction cupped into a defensive lineman.... Many snaps I thought the saints DL were going to snap Dion's neck from a suplex....

Pay Henry, and you're essentially paying the dough for the YAC

If you want to draft a 2nd, 3rd round rb, that's still fine. We need to move on from Dion anyway.. It's the very thing we did after we traded for DeMarco... drafted an insurance policy in RD 2

The thing is, we gotta figure (and hope) Deon is gone. So we will have to draft one even if we keep Henry.

I am wary of a big RB contract, but it would kill me to see Henry leave.

There have been tons of rookies and unexpected guys that step in and produce, but I don't think it is as plug and play as some think it is...

Henry himself took over 2.5 years to turn into a reliable consistent back. I'm all for taking a back day 2, but our best chance of being a top team in 20 and 21 is with Henry.

Drafting a top RB isn't a guarantee and having free agent money isn't a guarantee that we can bring in a top FA pass rusher or whatever. And if we do clear that hurdle and get one, it isn't a guarantee that he will produce like an All- Pro.

I sort of figure this guy is trolling...has to be...BDH is easily the best back we have had since and perhaps in a few years including EDDIE. To think he can easily be replace either in the draft of in FA is laughable....and yes I realize CJ2K put up insane numbers for a few years...but HE WASN'T a "typical back" nor did he result is a running game one could count on...yes he broke lots of long runs (so does BDH btw), but he also had a whole lot of 2 yards or less runs because he was always looking to break the long one.

SlowChiefGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

I sort of figure this guy is trolling...has to be...BDH is easily the best back we have had since and perhaps in a few years including EDDIE. To think he can easily be replace either in the draft of in FA is laughable....and yes I realize CJ2K put up insane numbers for a few years...but HE WASN'T a "typical back" nor did he result is a running game one could count on...yes he broke lots of long runs (so does BDH btw), but he also had a whole lot of 2 yards or less runs because he was always looking to break the long one.

I am not trolling...really think we should not over pay at RB when we can get a good back in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back