archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
They're really not though.

Touchdowns:
AJB - 8
CD - 3

Don't want to completely detract from what Davis has done though. He's been a reliable receiver, and a solid threat that takes advantage of what's given to him. Brown is just a complete difference maker and we really don't get him the ball enough.
I'd really like to resign CD after this year but cost is huge for him. I get the suspicion he will look for more money than should be spent on a #2 WR/ #1 alternate. Hope he looks for a team friendly deal so he can stick around.

I'd really like to resign CD after this year but cost is huge for him. I get the suspicion he will look for more money than should be spent on a #2 WR/ #1 alternate. Hope he looks for a team friendly deal so he can stick around.
Dreams are nice but that kid is gonna get paid elsewhere in my opinion

It could honestly go either way and the guy is still writing his paycheck at the moment, he doesn’t have the history command big bucks.

He would be smart to stay here, he couldn't handle being a #1 before AJ took the pressure off him.

Unless he just wants to get paid and back to being mediocre as someone else's #1

He would be smart to stay here, he couldn't handle being a #1 before AJ took the pressure off him.

Unless he just wants to get paid and back to being mediocre as someone else's #1
Davis will go elsewhere for a big paycheck and quickly forgotten as an overrated WR.

No one is gonna get paid this offseason. Most teams won’t even have enough cap space to resign their own players. CDs best bet is to take a team friendly short term deal with us and try again in a year or two when the cap goes up again.

It could honestly go either way and the guy is still writing his paycheck at the moment, he doesn’t have the history command big bucks.
Yea, I'm not sure how other teams view CD but I would guess the late breakout and injury history may keep his payday a bit lower.

No one is gonna get paid this offseason. Most teams won’t even have enough cap space to resign their own players. CDs best bet is to take a team friendly short term deal with us and try again in a year or two when the cap goes up again.
I'm very interested to see the numbers here. There was lost revenue by not having fans in the stadiums, but also less overhead. And I believe TV revenue has increased a good bit this year. I know what all the pre-season 2021 cap projections said, but I wont be surprised if we dont see much of a decrease. I also believe there wont be any increase like normal, but I'll bet it will stay pretty close to 2020s cap.

I'm very interested to see the numbers here. There was lost revenue by not having fans in the stadiums, but also less overhead. And I believe TV revenue has increased a good bit this year. I know what all the pre-season 2021 cap projections said, but I wont be surprised if we dont see much of a decrease. I also believe there wont be any increase like normal, but I'll bet it will stay pretty close to 2020s cap.
Cap is set at 176M for 2021

Thats a 22M decrease but 2022s cap is back on track so decent GMs can manipulate the system and we wont even notice much

Yea, I'm not sure how other teams view CD but I would guess the late breakout and injury history may keep his payday a bit lower.

Humphrey is making 8-9mil...not sure of total cap ramifications (feeling lazy) but I would be more than willing to give Humps money to Davis and then some more. We have some guys who can fill in at slot WR.

Humphrey is making 8-9mil...not sure of total cap ramifications (feeling lazy) but I would be more than willing to give Humps money to Davis and then some more. We have some guys who can fill in at slot WR.
Hump is making 6.75m next year and would be a 5m cap hit if we cut him. However. In 2022 he is making 8.25m and would only be a 2.5m cap hit. I'd say he is a Titan next year and will have to play great to be back after that.

This is probably exactly what they will do since Humphries has an out on his contract and while he is a good player he simply isn't as valuable or worth the money as keeping CD. I actually was hoping we would draft Hunter Renfro, another guy like Humphries from Clemson. Renfro has been well worth his 5th round pick for the Raiders and really, that is what we need to find if we can.

This is probably exactly what they will do since Humphries has an out on his contract and while he is a good player he simply isn't as valuable or worth the money as keeping CD. I actually was hoping we would draft Hunter Renfro, another guy like Humphries from Clemson. Renfro has been well worth his 5th round pick for the Raiders and really, that is what we need to find if we can.
This is exactly it.

Great player, but we have guys like Firsker really coming up big on 3rd down. We can afford to let him go.

Corey Davis has been a hot topic this year of whether or not the Titans should let him walk or lock him up. He’s on pace to having his best season as a Titan and has really helped the offense take off not only in the passing game but in the running game as well. This draft is deep at Wr and with several other players such as J. Brown and Jonnu scheduled to be FAs, the question becomes is he worth bringing back?

There are a bunch of WR's in this free agency class. Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, etc, etc, etc.

If a bunch of those dudes hit FA, then I think that hurts Davis's value.

I think we can sign Davis if he wants to stay. He might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back