Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it is hard to know if this season is fool's gold. He has done nothing prior to this season to earn a contract. Even still... if he accepted Hump money, I would take him. He is hands down better than Hump at this point, but Hump has basically been a ripoff so there's that.

Yea, I'm not sure how other teams view CD but I would guess the late breakout and injury history may keep his payday a bit lower.
Lies. All lies.

This is not a late breakout. He had 900 yards his second season. All of his metrics have steadily gotten better every year: Catch percentage, yards per target, yards per reception, and first down percentage.

The difference is not being saddled with Marcus Mariota.

And I don't know where the idea that he's injury prone comes from. I guess his rookie year. 2nd year, 16/16 games played. 3rd year, 15/16 games played. 4th year, 7/9 games played(the two games were Covid related).

Corey Davis has been a more than solid receiver for this team. We struggled for a decade to find a guy like him. Now we're suddenly fine letting him go.

Cut Malcolm Butler and give Davis that money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really like to resign CD after this year but cost is huge for him. I get the suspicion he will look for more money than should be spent on a #2 WR/ #1 alternate. Hope he looks for a team friendly deal so he can stick around.

With the cap drop close to twenty mill lower than this year there is no way we sign him. We are gonna have a tough time keeping players we really need. He is a luxury we can’t afford.

Really bad thing is.. the players we need to cut to free up room have contracts that wont actually free up room. We are stuck with sub-par high value contracts like on that Hump dude that plays once in a blue moon.

He'll sign for pretty big money most likely elsewhere. Jonnu, jayon, and king are much higher priorities imo. Especially jonnu.

He'll sign for pretty big money most likely elsewhere. Jonnu, jayon, and king are much higher priorities imo. Especially jonnu.
No one is paying out the ass for a tight end who gets about 400 yards a season. I'd argue Jonnu is probably the most replaceable guy we have on offense. We've spread out the tight end duties pretty well over the second half of the season.

I'd do everything I could to keep this offense together for the next two seasons. That's how long we have Tannehill and Henry. The window closes after that.

Love to resign him at wr2 paycheck. Guy is solid and competes for catch. Ain't no AJ brown but the guy compliments AJ kinda like Julio and ridley. Both have a reliable set of hands.

Had we known Adoree was not going to play, we may have been better giving the 5th option to Davis. But thats water under the bridge, I think he will move on for more money. We have to be thinking about keeping AJ Brown in 2 years, he is a star in the making.

No one is paying out the ass for a tight end who gets about 400 yards a season. I'd argue Jonnu is probably the most replaceable guy we have on offense. We've spread out the tight end duties pretty well over the second half of the season.

I'd do everything I could to keep this offense together for the next two seasons. That's how long we have Tannehill and Henry. The window closes after that.
Buddy Jimmy Graham just got a two year deal at 8 million/year. If you think jonnu isn't getting paid this off-season I don't know what to tell you. Jonnu will get paid handsomely and deserve every penny of it.

Had we known Adoree was not going to play, we may have been better giving the 5th option to Davis. But thats water under the bridge, I think he will move on for more money. We have to be thinking about keeping AJ Brown in 2 years, he is a star in the making.
Isnt CDs option like 15mil or something? No way in hell would I want us paying CD 15mil, if thats the case.

Isnt CDs option like 15mil or something? No way in hell would I want us paying CD 15mil, if thats the case.

CD is a Free agent. No option. It was declined. I think they will sign CD, Smith and Brown. Robinson will figure it out,

Maybe some of you are now understanding why we traded Casey.

Buddy Jimmy Graham just got a two year deal at 8 million/year. If you think jonnu isn't getting paid this off-season I don't know what to tell you. Jonnu will get paid handsomely and deserve every penny of it.
More power to him if that happens. Let someone else overpay him. Tight end is probably the deepest position on this team.

Anthony Firkser is on pace for the typical Jonnu Smith season. I like Jonnu a lot. He’s replaceable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
More power to him if that happens. Let someone else overpay him. Tight end is probably the deepest position on this team.
Deep=\=good. Jonnu Smith is a needle mover, no other tight end on the team is. I'd even argue that behind kelce & kittle (when he's healthy) jonnu is the biggest impact maker at the tight end position in the nfl right now. I hope he sneaks through the cracks and we sign him for cheap, but I don't see it.

I'd even argue that behind kelce & kittle (when he's healthy) jonnu is the biggest impact maker at the tight end position in the nfl right now.
He might be. There is a significant drop off after those two and big pack behind them.

Hunter Henry, Darren Waller, TJ Hockenson, Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews all have the right to make that claim.

At best he’s the #3 tight end in the league. At worst he’s #8. Is the difference between 3 and 8 significant enough for us to break the bank though?

He might be. There is a significant drop off after those two and big pack behind them.

Hunter Henry, Darren Waller, TJ Hockenson, Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews all have the right to make that claim.

At best he’s the #3 tight end in the league. At worst he’s #8. Is the difference between 3 and 8 significant enough for us to break the bank though?
I get what you're saying an I agree, although I think hock, jonnu, and waller are the true second tier here with the rest a step below them. Maybe breaking the bank isn't worth it, but if it's CD or jonnu give me jonnu 10/10 times.

I get what you're saying an I agree, although I think hock, jonnu, and waller are the true second tier here with the rest a step below them. Maybe breaking the bank isn't worth it, but if it's CD or jonnu give me jonnu 10/10 times.

Now that I agree with, if given the choice between signing Smith or Davis I want Smith. There will be a ton of WRs on the market. I actually think we should look at Will Fuller if we lose Davis. But he may be too expensive as well. But to have that speed would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back