Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would offer him a similar contract to what Davante Adams has. Adams is in the middle of a 5 year $58M deal which seems like a lot but he is only the 15th highest paid WR.

That buys us 2 years before AJ is due and then a decision can be made where to go. If Corey has not lived up to his deal you can cut him lose, try to renegotiate or try to trade him.

Note also that Adam Humphries has a deal worth $9M a year that has 2 years left. Cutting him loose would open up $5.5M a year in cap room.

We also have to compare CD to the free agents we would expect to be available. Kenny Golladay(Lions) will be coming off a bad year that might reduce his price but he had back to back years with over a thousand yards in 18 and 19.

Golladay and CD are similar type players.

Humphries gotta go if it’s between the two.....

Yeah unless Hump goes beastmode the rest of the season, I would like to see him get cut. At this point, we could close our eyes and draft a slot WR and get the same exact production for a fraction of the cost.

We also have to compare CD to the free agents we would expect to be available. Kenny Golladay(Lions) will be coming off a bad year that might reduce his price but he had back to back years with over a thousand yards in 18 and 19.

Golladay and CD are similar type players.

I bet you want Devonta Smith, huh? Do you see him being special in the NFL?

I love Hump. One of the best 3rd down wrs in the NFL. But there's probably someone who can do what he does cheaper.
why try to be cheap for an unknown when you know what you're getting with Humphries? He's been solid, why risk getting someone useless just for the sake of saving money

why try to be cheap for an unknown when you know what you're getting with Humphries? He's been solid, why risk getting someone useless just for the sake of saving money

We need to trim fat in order to pay the core players. Why pay Hump $5 when we can get someone just as good as him, if not better and pay them $2? Let's not pretend Hump has been anything special. We're not risking anything by getting rid of Hump. Our offense has been perfectly fine without him.

CD is a Free agent. No option. It was declined. I think they will sign CD, Smith and Brown. Robinson will figure it out,

Maybe some of you are now understanding why we traded Casey.
I wonder if the markets are a little lower for Corey and Jonnu bc of their late breakouts and injuries. Jayon injury probably helps that price tag too.

Cap is decreasing 22m next year, but we are off the books for Clowneys 15m and have 4.7m space right now. I bet we can bring back 2 of Corey, Jonnu, Jayon, King and will have to replace the other 2 in the draft, as well as an edge rusher.

id love to keep corey but the reality is we cant afford him because he is playing well. he will be gone. he is this years jack conklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back