Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
When JRob decided to decline his 5th-year option, he obviously wasn't in the future plans.

As much as I'd like to have Davis, I don't see JRob offering him anything close to what he'll get on the open market.

Davis looked like Julio Jones out there today. But even before his monster game today, he was still already quietly having a good season. Very low drop percentage this season and dependable on third down. Really hope we keep him, we have a chance to have the best receiver duo in the league, something you'd never think would be a reality with our franchise.

When JRob decided to decline his 5th-year option, he obviously wasn't in the future plans.

As much as I'd like to have Davis, I don't see JRob offering him anything close to what he'll get on the open market.
I disagree. I think he wasn’t worth the fifth year option at the time, but we could still resign him. The players DONT WANT their fifth year option picked up. They prefer to hit free agency sooner. So it’s not like we did him a disservice.
We could definitely work out a contract extension with him with an atypically team friendly first year in it because of the cap issues in 2021.

J Rob has had a rough off-season. Letting go of a great player and team leader like Davis is going to look really bad unless he can add talent elsewhere. He'd only go to a team where he'll get a lot more opportunity and make us look incompetent during the process.

J Rob has had a rough off-season. Letting go of a great player and team leader like Davis is going to look really bad unless he can add talent elsewhere. He'd only go to a team where he'll get a lot more opportunity and make us look incompetent during the process.
I’m not saying JRob doesn’t want to keep Davis now. I’m saying he won’t offer him what he’ll get elsewhere. Unless Davis just loves playing here, he’s going to test the market because he’s looking for #1 WR money and he’s a #2 here.

I’m not saying JRob doesn’t want to keep Davis now. I’m saying he won’t offer him what he’ll get elsewhere. Unless Davis just loves playing here, he’s going to test the market because he’s looking for #1 WR money and he’s a #2 here.
He’s going to want as much money as he can get like you have said. Anyone who thinks he’s going to take a lesser contract because he loves playing for the titans is misled

It’s also possible we just franchise CD and try to sort out the money out through contract restructuring of other players. Would be $16mil for the WR franchise tag. Big money.

You're right, but where would he go? Maybe that question deserves it's own thread. I have doubts about the WR market.

You're right, but where would he go? Maybe that question deserves it's own thread. I have doubts about the WR market.
Right now he would be WR1(based off current stats) in Miami, Las Vegas, Cleveland, Detroit, Pitt, Tampa, NYG, NYJ, Denver, Indy, New England, Jags

especially since one of his first rounders that he traded up (a ton) to get and he let walk just kicked our booty up and down the field.

No one is paying out the ass for a tight end who gets about 400 yards a season. I'd argue Jonnu is probably the most replaceable guy we have on offense. We've spread out the tight end duties pretty well over the second half of the season.

I'd do everything I could to keep this offense together for the next two seasons. That's how long we have Tannehill and Henry. The window closes after that.

Jonnu is racking up a pretty extensive knee injury history too.

He might be. There is a significant drop off after those two and big pack behind them.

Hunter Henry, Darren Waller, TJ Hockenson, Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews all have the right to make that claim.

At best he’s the #3 tight end in the league. At worst he’s #8. Is the difference between 3 and 8 significant enough for us to break the bank though?
He might be. There is a significant drop off after those two and big pack behind them.

Hunter Henry, Darren Waller, TJ Hockenson, Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews all have the right to make that claim.

At best he’s the #3 tight end in the league. At worst he’s #8. Is the difference between 3 and 8 significant enough for us to break the bank though?
If we allow Jonnu to leave , Vrabel will probably go with him. He hasn't been shy about that bromance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back