Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has taken 20 plus years for this franchise to get a number 1 wr Brown and and 2 wr Davis, we got to find away to keep that even if it means we cut Hump and do not resign Jonnu to do it. And Corey Davis is a top notch person on top of it all and perfect titan. I think we offer him a fair deal he stays here!
Yea maybe

Would be great to finally have a real 1-2 punch at WR

I dont know if anyone else here was, but I wasnt arguing that we should sign Godwin. I was just saying that his market value in free agency will be higher than Corey's. And I'm pretty sure that's undeniable.

Some advanced efficiency stats on Corey Davis:

He is #2 in the league in yards/route. #4 in fantasy points/route.
#7 in catch rate. #6 in QBR when targeted. #3 in yards/target. And has ZERO drops.
Not even to mention his stud level blocking! He's been on an absolute tear this year. He and AJB are have become an awesome duo. Really hoping we can find a way to keep him.

If you could only keep one next year, who would you keep?
-Corey Davis
-Jayon Brown
-Jonnu Smith

Not even to mention his stud level blocking! He's been on an absolute tear this year. He and AJB are have become an awesome duo. Really hoping we can find a way to keep him.

-Corey Davis
-Jayon Brown
-Jonnu Smith
Jonnu is the clear #3 for me in that group.
Price aside, I choose Corey. But I think Jayon may end up being the best value.
King is someone we may consider bringing back too.

-Corey Davis
-Jayon Brown
-Jonnu Smith

Corey Davis

-Corey Davis
-Jayon Brown
-Jonnu Smith
Corey Davis.

I like Jayon, but he didn't play very well this year and he's finished the last two seasons on IR.

I think Jonnu is a good player, but let's be honest, he's the most replaceable guy we have on offense.

35 receptions 338 yards
32 receptions 358 yards

One of those is Jonnu Smith. The other is Anthony Firkser.

Don't get me wrong. I'd do whatever I could to keep this offense together the next two years, but if I had to choose, it's an easy choice.

Corey Davis.

I like Jayon, but he didn't play very well this year and he's finished the last two seasons on IR.

I think Jonnu is a good player, but let's be honest, he's the most replaceable guy we have on offense.

35 receptions 338 yards
32 receptions 358 yards

Don't get me wrong. I'd do whatever I could to keep this offense together the next two years, but if I had to choose, it's an easy choice.

Disagree about Jonnu being easily replacable. He's athletic and shifty tight end that can catch the deep ball and is dangerous in screens. Not many tight-ends will Moss a defensive back like Jonnu did.

Davis.
But I think we lose something else if the other 2 go. Brown may have had his struggles but we haven't had a LB that could cover for anything going back to Bulluck.

I think statistically Jonnhu is underachieving but he has more talent than our other TE. That said, the step down in a very deep TE roster may not be enough that Smith is a must re-sign.

Where did I give you a BS rating ?
Must of been after the Ravens game. I said I think Corey Davis is more reliable at this point that AJ Brown, and I stand by that.

To clarify, that doesn't mean I think he's a better playmaker, or our best receiver, or a true #1, or even that we should break that bank to keep him. He's just more consistent when targeted and more reliable when you need him.

AJ is only in his second year. His talent and potential are bananas. At this point though, naturally he still has some negative plays he needs to work on. (not that Corey doesn't, but he has less. As you would expect at this point.) This is not a knock on AJ.

35 receptions 338 yards
32 receptions 358 yards

I agree the way we run our offense I don't think we need to spend big money on a TE we don't use affectively based around his skill set. We like TEs who block first but can catch as well. Jonnu would feast in a system like KC or Baltimore.

I agree the way we run our offense I don't think we need to spend big money on a TE we don't use affectively based around his skill set. We like TEs who block first but can catch as well. Jonnu would feast in a system like KC or Baltimore.
We didn't have any issue featuring Delanie Walker.

Maybe Jonnu is just a good player and not great?

-Corey Davis
-Jayon Brown
-Jonnu Smith
This is easy. Jayon and it isn't close.

Everyone saying CD, do you guys not remember how historically terrible we were at covering TEs? Each year in fantasy you could stream whatever bum was facing the Titans. Jayon changed that.

There's been a lot of bust first round WRs but you can usually find good chain movers in the mind-to-later rounds. Heck, we seem to do a great job with undrafted guys and no-name FAs. Finding a versatile MLB who you can trust in coverage is much harder. I like David Long but there was clearly a drop off in coverage.

Our core O is set with DH, Tanny, and AJB. Other pieces can be plug-play-play. Our D is terrible and our pass D is even worse. Losing Jayon would drastically weaken our already weakest aspect as a team.

Delanie didn't have AJ Brown, a dominant Henry, and a QB that can throw outside the numbers.
No, but Jonnu is playing with considerably better QB production and gets less attention from defenses.

I've said it a million times. I like Jonnu. I think he's a good player. I'd keep him if I could. He doesn't put up the numbers to justify a big contract. When our bit player TE is equalling Jonnu's annual production maybe we can get by without him?

I mean, come on, we have people in this thread saying he could be Travis Kelce or George Kittle. Those are some homer takes if I've ever seen them. Kelce leads the whole damn NFL in receiving yards. Kittle has only played 6 games this season and he equaled Jonnu's 2019 season total. Jonnu's a good player, but if this organization has shown anything over the last 20 years it's that it can find TEs to produce.

Corey Davis...nothing against Jonnu and I think Brown is an important re-signing. I think we will re-sign Davis and Brown.

Draft a TE? Hunter Henry in FA?

Must of been after the Ravens game. I said I think Corey Davis is more reliable at this point that AJ Brown, and I stand by that.

To clarify, that doesn't mean I think he's a better playmaker, or our best receiver, or a true #1, or even that we should break that bank to keep him. He's just more consistent when targeted and more reliable when you need him.

AJ is only in his second year. His talent and potential are bananas. At this point though, naturally he still has some negative plays he needs to work on. (not that Corey doesn't, but he has less. As you would expect at this point.) This is not a knock on AJ.
Totally agree. Corey Davis is a perfect 1b. He needs that alpha 1a to really shine. But he is incredibly talented and I really hope we bring him back.

I have a tough time with it. I think Davis may be the best of that group, but I'd be absolutely sick if Jonnu goes somewhere else and turns into the next Delanie Walker. And Brown has been easily our best ILB for the past several years.

We won't be able to keep all of them for sure, so it's going to hurt to see whichever of them walks.

The answer may just be depending on what the draft looks like. If there's a bunch of stud WR coming out, just let CD walk.

Ah on yea.... now I remember.

No, but Jonnu is playing with considerably better QB production and gets less attention from defenses.

I've said it a million times. I like Jonnu. I think he's a good player. I'd keep him if I could. He doesn't put up the numbers to justify a big contract. When our bit player TE is equalling Jonnu's annual production maybe we can get by without him?

I mean, come on, we have people in this thread saying he could be Travis Kelce or George Kittle. Those are some homer takes if I've ever seen them. Kelce leads the whole damn NFL in receiving yards. Kittle has only played 6 games this season and he equaled Jonnu's 2019 season total. Jonnu's a good player, but if this organization has shown anything over the last 20 years it's that it can find TEs to produce.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just pointing out why Delanie Walker put up the numbers that he did. He was our only real threat in a TE centered offensive attack. While very similar, I think Jonnu is a slightly more athletic TE without DW's savvy.

He's a great piece to bring back, but not worth breaking the bank. He and CD could dominate the NFL in Green Bay next year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back