Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beasley and Clowney were a wasted +$20 mil and Hump is making over $9.
I think we can fit CD in there. CD is not going to have offers of $15 mil considering his injury issues and lack of production prior to this year. I figure closer to $12. Darn right we should keep him. You need two quality outside guys. It also seems that studs on the outside with run after the catch ability fit our play action pass scheme more than a Wes Welker type slot guy.

I'm also not as big on Smith with his injury history and productivity. Keep him if reasonable but we have seen guys like Firk and Pruitt fill the gap and Swaim has been doing the heavy lifting. The money needs to go to CD and later to AJ (we can give CD a 3 year contract and re-evaluate). That should be the focus.

Remember Henry signed a new contract this offseason and this year his salary is only $3 million. We could do something like that with CD where is first year is super low but lots of later money is guaranteed.

Remember Henry signed a new contract this offseason and this year his salary is only $3 million. We could do something like that with CD where is first year is super low but lots of later money is guaranteed.
Thats how a lot of GMs are going to have to work deals this offseason

I would like to see the team offer him a 2 year deal worth 25 million. Then tell him they will look at increasing when the cap goes up hopefully in 2 years.

Id take Godwin in a heartbeat. I wanted to draft him really really bad. So using our 5th for CD when Godwin was available in the 2nd was heartbreaking for me.

Beasley and Clowney were a wasted +$20 mil and Hump is making over $9.
I think we can fit CD in there. CD is not going to have offers of $15 mil considering his injury issues and lack of production prior to this year. I figure closer to $12. Darn right we should keep him. You need two quality outside guys. It also seems that studs on the outside with run after the catch ability fit our play action pass scheme more than a Wes Welker type slot guy.

I'm also not as big on Smith with his injury history and productivity. Keep him if reasonable but we have seen guys like Firk and Pruitt fill the gap and Swaim has been doing the heavy lifting. The money needs to go to CD and later to AJ (we can give CD a 3 year contract and re-evaluate). That should be the focus.
Definitely need to re-sign Davis

All of our TE's are FA next year..should be interesting

What is that list? It is missing guys like Golladay and Chris Godwin.
Didnt realize those guys were free agents. That was from the spotrac list that was posted just before my comment.

I just checked the list. Corey is 5th at best.
1. Godwin
2. Robinson
3. Juju
4. Golladay
5. Corey

So we're just going to ignore that Chris Godwin has played in an offense that has thrown the ball 2335 times in his career and Davis has played in an offense that has thrown the ball 1484 times, with their yardage difference being only +600 for Godwin?

That's a +850 pass attempt difference for Godwin. That's like Godwin playing six seasons in Tennessee's offense to Davis' four.

I'm telling you guys, put Davis in an offense like Detroit or Tampa where they don't even try to run the ball and he'd put up better numbers.

So we're just going to ignore that Chris Godwin has played in an offense that has thrown the ball 2335 times in his career and Davis has played in an offense that has thrown the ball 1484 times, with their yardage difference being only +600 for Godwin?

I read somewhere, that Winston *still* leads the league in INT just by going off the last two years. And he has not thrown a pick this year.

Tampa threw, a lot.

That's a +850 pass attempt difference for Godwin. That's like Godwin playing six seasons in Tennessee's offense to Davis' four.

I'm telling you guys, put Davis in an offense like Detroit or Tampa where they don't even try to run the ball and he'd put up better numbers.
I agree, and think Corey can end up being the best WR in this FA class if he lands in the right spot. But I'm talking about market value. No way he is higher than 5 on that list.

I mean yeah.. Godwin has had a ton.. I mean a ton more opportunities.. lets compare.

Godwin- 54 games 331 targets 228 recepts 3262yds 20tds

Davis- 52 games 316 targets 195 recepts 2668yds 10tds

Now I see what you mean. If Davis were given so many chances he would have a lot more stats as well.

I mean yeah.. Godwin has had a ton.. I mean a ton more opportunities.. lets compare.

Godwin- 54 games 331 targets 228 recepts 3262yds 20tds

Davis- 52 games 316 targets 195 recepts 2668yds 10tds

Now I see what you mean. If Davis were given so many chances he would have a lot more stats as well.
Better quarterback play for 2.5 years, less coverage going his way because of Mike Evans, and 850 more attempts over four years.

Yeah, this is totally an apples to apples comparison.

They're both good players. To say one is head and shoulders better than the other is ridiculous.

Throw the ball to Corey Davis and he catches it. Throw the ball more to Corey Davis and he'd catch it more. It's that simple. It's always been that simple.

It has taken 20 plus years for this franchise to get a number 1 wr Brown and and 2 wr Davis, we got to find away to keep that even if it means we cut Hump and do not resign Jonnu to do it. And Corey Davis is a top notch person on top of it all and perfect titan. I think we offer him a fair deal he stays here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back