Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So Rivers was a one and done...Colts are now looking for their next franchise QB....they have a ton of cap space and a coach who was Carson Wentz's OC during the Eagles SB run...Wentz was 11-2 that year before getting hurt...I would be surprised if the Colts didn't workout some sort of deal with the Eagles to somehow pay some of Wentz's guaranteed money to decrease the cap hit that the Eagles take in getting rid of him.

So Rivers was a one and done...Colts are now looking for their next franchise QB....they have a ton of cap space and a coach who was Carson Wentz's OC during the Eagles SB run...Wentz was 11-2 that year before getting hurt...I would be surprised if the Colts didn't workout some sort of deal with the Eagles to somehow pay some of Wentz's guaranteed money to decrease the cap hit that the Eagles take in getting rid of him.

My understanding is that Wentz has a $59 million dollar dead money hit to the Eagles whether he is traded or released. I’m not sure he is going anywhere. Having said that... salary cap is salary cap. Getting money from the other team doesn’t help increase that. Wentz would have to re do his deal or the Colts will have a 35 million dollar hit eating up half their cap current space.

Wentz and his uncoachable entitled queen attitude! Yes, please become a Colt and continue being a turnover machine for them and causing rift in the front office and locker room. Sounds like a perfect fit for the colts.

Before I was thinking Darnold to the Colts but now I’m thinking Darnold to the Texans in a Deshaun trade. And Jacksonville with the first pick. I anticipate 3 new starting QBs in our division next year. Crazy.

Wentz will be an eagle for at least one more season, I'm pretty sure he even said after Pederson got fired he's willing to stay.

I could see Stafford as another stop gap though

Wentz isnt going anywhere. He will be an eagle next year. Contract cant be moved.

I'll bet Stafford is the Colts QB next year.

I doubt it as the Dead Cap hit for the Lions is $25 million on him if they released him. As QBs in the NFL go he is cheap. He restructured last season to help them out. The Lions don’t exactly have much cap room now. So releasing him now makes no sense. Who is going to play QB for them? What’s their plan? Are the Colts going to trade for him? Doubt it. Makes sense after this season, I think the Colts are dead without a top tier QB. Brisket may be their starter again.

I think they re-sign Brissett at least. He's good enough, with that team, to win some games and be a thorn in our side.
I have no doubt they will still try to pursue someone better.

Next big question I know we're all curious about.....HoF?

I say no unless we bring up his family size, then he's probably one of the best all time.
For football QB, I think his chances are hurt severely by 2 things.
1. no SB appearances, yet alone rings.
2. The performance of the other QB's in his era. He has easily 5-6 QB's that out performed him in almost every way and played over the exact same time frame.

I doubt it as the Dead Cap hit for the Lions is $25 million on him if they released him. As QBs in the NFL go he is cheap. He restructured last season to help them out. The Lions don’t exactly have much cap room now. So releasing him now makes no sense. Who is going to play QB for them? What’s their plan? Are the Colts going to trade for him? Doubt it. Makes sense after this season, I think the Colts are dead without a top tier QB. Brisket may be their starter again.
I'm predicting a trade. Either could rework their contract, but the way it's set up I'm putting my money on Stafford moving before wentz.

Without restructure..the lions save 20m if they trade Stafford post June 1st.

Edit: wentz actually saves the team 24m more if they trade him post June 1. I still dont think they can move him with that contract. And I believe they fired Pederson bc he wasnt willing to move forward with wentz as the starter. I think it's more likely that Hurts is traded.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm predicting a trade. Either could rework their contract, but the way it's set up I'm putting my money on Stafford moving before wentz.

Without restructure..the lions save 20m if they trade Stafford post June 1st.

Edit: wentz actually saves the team 24m more if they trade him post June 1. I still dont think they can move him with that contract. And I believe they fired Pederson bc he wasnt willing to move forward with wentz as the starter. I think it's more likely that Hurts is traded.
Prior to Peterson’s firing, it came out Wentz would re-do his deal for a trade. With Peterson gone, not sure. I think they give Wentz 1 more year to see if he can straighten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back