Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm predicting a trade. Either could rework their contract, but the way it's set up I'm putting my money on Stafford moving before wentz.

Without restructure..the lions save 20m if they trade Stafford post June 1st.

Edit: wentz actually saves the team 24m more if they trade him post June 1. I still dont think they can move him with that contract. And I believe they fired Pederson bc he wasnt willing to move forward with wentz as the starter. I think it's more likely that Hurts is traded.

What’s the benefit to the Lions? Stafford is a good QB and they don’t grow on trees. Who will they replace him with? What is their reason to trade a good QB still playing well and with a lot of years left. Just to help out the Colts? Do the Lions have a QB in waiting I’m unaware of? I don’t think he gets traded but if he does I see him going to New England. I think he is just the kind of QB they want. But just a guess.

What’s the benefit to the Lions? Stafford is a good QB and they don’t grow on trees. Who will they replace him with? What is their reason to trade a good QB still playing well and with a lot of years left. Just to help out the Colts? Do the Lions have a QB in waiting I’m unaware of? I don’t think he gets traded but if he does I see him going to New England. I think he is just the kind of QB they want. But just a guess.

Stafford puts up impressive numbers but has a losing record as a starting QB and only 3 playoff appearances (and loses) in 11-12 years. They've just been treading water with him for what seems like for ever...

If I was the owner/GM, I'd certainly at least think about and listen to offers. Might find a guy that doesn't have as impressive numbers but wins games when it matters.

I know it's not all on Stafford but after this long, I'd be considering rolling the dice and shaking up the whole roster to see if things change because not much has in all those years with Stafford at QB.

Stafford puts up impressive numbers but has a losing record as a starting QB and only 3 playoff appearances (and loses) in 11-12 years. They've just been treading water with him for what seems like for ever...

If I was the owner/GM, I'd certainly at least think about and listen to offers. Might find a guy that doesn't have as impressive numbers but wins games when it matters.

I know it's not all on Stafford but after this long, I'd be considering rolling the dice and shaking up the whole roster to see if things change because not much has in all those years with Stafford at QB.
Yeah, the Lions have been bad so long it hard to know where to start. Letting Caldwell go was a mistake.

They need the money and arent a contender. Save 20m by trading him and get a pick in return. Let the new coach find his guy and rebuild. They are losing Golladay and Marvin Jones too. This is a rebuild. No sense in not cashing in on Stafford.

I'm guessing they don't trade for anyone. They have Jacob Eason waiting to take over. Maybe resign Brissett as a backup. Not sure about that one though.

I'm guessing they don't trade for anyone. They have Jacob Eason waiting to take over. Maybe resign Brissett as a backup. Not sure about that one though.
Good call. I actually forgot about Eason who was pretty high up on the QB lists last year but I also think they do re-sign Brissett. Maybe he starts the season, maybe Eason is ready, maybe they look in a different direction.

Good call. I actually forgot about Eason who was pretty high up on the QB lists last year but I also think they do re-sign Brissett. Maybe he starts the season, maybe Eason is ready, maybe they look in a different direction.
One of these tier 2 rookie QBs may slip to the colts.
Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones

I wonder if Brissett wants out of town since losing the gig to Rivers? Even with Rivers gone, he may want to go somewhere else. I would think many people would like a solid back up with starting experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back