Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have to give up too much to get Stafford or Wentz.Qb is not the only hole they have on the team. If they give up what's needed to get one of the big name qbs, they won't be able to build the rest of the team up.

Had the Colts had Stafford last year, they are a better team. If Stafford started for them against the Bills, I'm pretty sure the Colts would've won that game. There were throws Rivers just couldn't complete, but Stafford would've hit with ease.

The Colts could give the Lions a 1st or 2nd rounder to get Stafford. (what 1st or 2nd rounder would be better than Stafford). It's only about contract restructure when it comes to Stafford. It's not like they are forfeiting the whole Colts team to get Stafford.

The NFL is all about that 3 or 4 year window. The Colts are built to win now. So getting Stafford is their best bet right now.

One of these tier 2 rookie QBs may slip to the colts.
Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones
Gotta wait for the combine before labeling the tiers I think. Every year there's always 1-2 QBs that sneak up the list way higher than they should and we know multiple teams are willing to jump way high for a QB.

I wonder if Brissett wants out of town since losing the gig to Rivers? Even with Rivers gone, he may want to go somewhere else. I would think many people would like a solid back up with starting experience.
I'd have to think that Brissett understands that he isn't a starter. He's been benched twice behind Rivers and Luck.
Since he's a FA, maybe he looks elsewhere, but I think he'll be happy getting signed and with the comfort of Indy (plus they've shown some faith in him as a backup at least) that he'd be happiest just to re-sign with them.

I'd have to think that Brissett understands that he isn't a starter. He's been benched twice behind Rivers and Luck.
Since he's a FA, maybe he looks elsewhere, but I think he'll be happy getting signed and with the comfort of Indy (plus they've shown some faith in him as a backup at least) that he'd be happiest just to re-sign with them.
Nobody ever thinks it’s on them. I’m sure he thinks the Colts staff are dopes to bench him.

Nobody ever thinks it’s on them. I’m sure he thinks the Colts staff are dopes to bench him.
Not that anyone just accepts being a backup and not playing for a starting job BUT yes, I think players (QBs specifically) know when they are being brought in as a backup or when they are not seen as a starter.
I absolutely think it's possible that Brissett looks elsewhere for a possible starting gig but I think he may still have a shot in Indy since Rivers retired.

My opinion is that his situation in Indy was pretty good and he knows the team. Since I don't see him getting signed anywhere as a starter (or really to even compete for a starter position) that he sees Eason as the only other QB on the roster. Don't blame him for waiting on trade possibilities (other QB's, not him), but I see Brissett re-signing with Indy as the backup.

Not that anyone just accepts being a backup and not playing for a starting job BUT yes, I think players (QBs specifically) know when they are being brought in as a backup or when they are not seen as a starter.
I absolutely think it's possible that Brissett looks elsewhere for a possible starting gig but I think he may still have a shot in Indy since Rivers retired.

My opinion is that his situation in Indy was pretty good and he knows the team. Since I don't see him getting signed anywhere as a starter (or really to even compete for a starter position) that he sees Eason as the only other QB on the roster. Don't blame him for waiting on trade possibilities (other QB's, not him), but I see Brissett re-signing with Indy as the backup.
You are certainly correct that people know when they are brought in as a back-up. But, when Luck retired and he took over, I believe he felt/feels “I can do this”. I bet IF he gets an opportunity elsewhere he takes it.

You are certainly correct that people know when they are brought in as a back-up. But, when Luck retired and he took over, I believe he felt/feels “I can do this”. I bet IF he gets an opportunity elsewhere he takes it.
We agree, I just don't think the opportunity happens.

I do think if Indy ends up trading for another QB (Ryan, Stafford, Watson, whoever) that Brissett is more likely to sign elsewhere.
EDIT: Not signing elsewhere as a starter or even open competition but because Indy will already have the new QB and Eason.

I also think Brissett may be a better option for The Colts now than Eason. They know Brissett can manage a game, they do not know that yet about Eason. It always comes down to opportunity.

I also think Brissett may be a better option for The Colts now than Eason. They know Brissett can manage a game, they do not know that yet about Eason. It always comes down to opportunity.
They also have a lot of the same team over the past couple years that he played with before, add upgrades at RB at least.
That D will probably keep them competitive no matter who the QB is.

They also have a lot of the same team over the past couple years that he played with before, add upgrades at RB at least.
That D will probably keep them competitive no matter who the QB is.
Yes, unfortunately. Did you see that ESPN has picked the Jags to win the division next year? Predictable.

Gotta wait for the combine before labeling the tiers I think. Every year there's always 1-2 QBs that sneak up the list way higher than they should and we know multiple teams are willing to jump way high for a QB.
Yea I hear ya, but as of now I think theres pretty clear gaps. I could see Wilson moving up, or some other moves... but with no real combine, this offseason draft process will be different.

Tier 1 Lawrence, Fields
Tier 2 Wilson, Lance, Jones
Tier 3 Trask, Newman, Mond

Not good news for us....Stafford will raise Indianapolis level big time....and they're already good. At this point, if we don't figure out the defense issues, Indy would clearly be favorites if they land Stafford.
Agree...Stafford could lure Golladay to Indy too

hopefully we hear something about the DC position soon..praying its not another year of Bowen/Vrabel

Agree...Stafford could lure Golladay to Indy too

hopefully we hear something about the DC position soon..praying its not another year of Bowen/Vrabel
Man, I bet you're right..
Golladay, Pittman, Campbell with Stafford and JT is nasty. They have the cap room to do it. And I bet they could get Staffird without trading their 1st.

Side note... if we lose CD, I'd like to take a shot on TY Hilton or Marvin Jones. They are well past their primes, but still productive and probably cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back