Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news for us....Stafford will raise Indianapolis level big time....and they're already good. At this point, if we don't figure out the defense issues, Indy would clearly be favorites if they land Stafford.

Calm down... it hasn’t happened yet and it will take a lot to make it happen. It would take up half of Indys cap space and they have a lot of key spots to fill. But let’s be clear.. it’s Matt Stafford, not Aaron Rodgers. Let’s not freak out. Can Stafford have a better year than Rivers had? Seriously... they had extremely similar years. Indy doesn’t get alot better. They just kind of stay the same. Meh! We just get average on defense and the division is still ours.

Man, I bet you're right..
Golladay, Pittman, Campbell with Stafford and JT is nasty. They have the cap room to do it. And I bet they could get Staffird without trading their 1st.

Side note... if we lose CD, I'd like to take a shot on TY Hilton or Marvin Jones. They are well past their primes, but still productive and probably cheap.
Word on the Street is Detroit looking for a 1st for Stafford.

Calm down... it hasn’t happened yet and it will take a lot to make it happen. It would take up half of Indys cap space and they have a lot of key spots to fill. But let’s be clear.. it’s Matt Stafford, not Aaron Rodgers. Let’s not freak out. Can Stafford have a better year than Rivers had? Seriously... they had extremely similar years. Indy doesn’t get alot better. They just kind of stay the same. Meh! We just get average on defense and the division is still ours.
I'm sorry, stafford >> rivers. Put rivers on the lions last year and watch him flounder. Stafford would cost them $9.5m of an available 58m... 16% is not quite 50%

Gotta wait for the combine before labeling the tiers I think. Every year there's always 1-2 QBs that sneak up the list way higher than they should and we know multiple teams are willing to jump way high for a QB.
This, is usually where ratings go side-ways. Scouts watch players for two sometimes 3 years and assign their grades, then the combine rolls around and somebody runs faster than they think, and the player rating artificially skyrockets. The tiers these guys are in right now should be valid. Scouts should have seen enough to know how they break down. Should, mind you.

The problem is that they still have enough cap space to fill all their needs. Especially with the covid fueled shrink in FA salaries this upcoming year. JR has screwed us with the salary cap and our luck is Colts and Jags have top available cap space this upcoming year. Not to mention the crap draft he had last year.

The problem is that they still have enough cap space to fill all their needs. Especially with the covid fueled shrink in FA salaries this upcoming year. JR has screwed us with the salary cap and our luck is Colts and Jags have top available cap space this upcoming year. Not to mention the crap draft he had last year.
The cap is fixable. A few restructures and we are back in the hunt again.

I'm sorry, stafford >> rivers. Put rivers on the lions last year and watch him flounder. Stafford would cost them $9.5m of an available 58m... 16% is not quite 50%

I know that’s your option but the stats don’t show that. I think River is a much smarter QB. Great QBs lift up there team. Stafford has great skills but isn’t very smart. Rivers arm was shot and he threw for more yards than Stafford. Stafford threw a lot because the Lions were behind a lot. I don’t see Stafford as that much better. Again... it’s our opinion. Rivers is most assuredly the smarter QB.

Stafford Cap hit is $33 Million, which is where I got my 50% number. However I dig deeper and found his Cap hit is actually $20 million for a team trading for him in 2021 with the Lions having to pay $13 million which is still cheap.

But I see the Stafford ending up in New England or San Fran before the Colts. There will be a bidding war.

You never judge a draft until year 3. I get your point if you are talking about Wilson but chill, the rest of the draft looks promising, JRob didn’t screw anybody. When you have a team of really good players and you are winning you have cap issues. That’s JROBs job to figure it all out, The Jags and Colts have a lot of cap space because they sucked. We will be fine and sign who we need to sign and restructure who we need to restructure.

Man, I bet you're right..
Golladay, Pittman, Campbell with Stafford and JT is nasty. They have the cap room to do it. And I bet they could get Staffird without trading their 1st.

Side note... if we lose CD, I'd like to take a shot on TY Hilton or Marvin Jones. They are well past their primes, but still productive and probably cheap.
Id prefer Jones over Hilton tbh..but either aren't great but Jones could be a decent #2 with Brown and Tannehill

I know the Wonderlic is a matter of some controversy, but Stafford scored a 38 and Rivers scored a 30. So, an argument to be made that Rivers is not smarter then Stafford. I, personally, would take Stafford 10 times out of 10 when choosing between the two. The Lions have been crap for a very long time with a chain of coaching changes. A very poorly run organization. I think, as I have said already, you put Stafford in the right situation and he thrives just as Tannehill did in coming to us.

You never judge a draft until year 3. I get your point if you are talking about Wilson but chill, the rest of the draft looks promising, JRob didn’t screw anybody. When you have a team of really good players and you are winning you have cap issues. That’s JROBs job to figure it all out, The Jags and Colts have a lot of cap space because they sucked. We will be fine and sign who we need to sign and restructure who we need to restructure.
Well, the Colts had the same record as us, so can’t say they sucked.

Well, the Colts had the same record as us, so can’t say they sucked.

Your salary cap isn’t tied to the current years performance. Sucked is probably not the best description and more aimed at the Jags, They always have cap room and always have top draft picks. How much did Luck retiring add to their cap space?

Your salary cap isn’t tied to the current years performance. Sucked is probably not the best description and more aimed at the Jags, They always have cap room and always have top draft picks. How much did Luck retiring add to their cap space?
Doesn’t matter about Luck. You said they have cap room because they suck. I disagreed. Now, you are on the right track. If they had Luck and a Henry type back on his second contract, then the gap closes.

Doesn’t matter about Luck. You said they have cap room because they suck. I disagreed. Now, you are on the right track. If they had Luck and a Henry type back on his second contract, then the gap closes.

I also clarified I shouldn’t have used that term describing them. But in 2019 they did suck. Back to Luck.. I think they would be needing to extend him after 2021 as well so their is a chance they have NO room at all this season.

I guess my point is I’m tired of this scared little boy mentality I see from some of pour fans, worried about what the bullies on the block are going to do without realizing we are one of the bullies. We are a winning franchise who needs some tweaking, 11-5 with a historically bad defense... 11-5 That’s pretty good to build on.

I know the Wonderlic is a matter of some controversy, but Stafford scored a 38 and Rivers scored a 30. So, an argument to be made that Rivers is not smarter then Stafford. I, personally, would take Stafford 10 times out of 10 when choosing between the two. The Lions have been crap for a very long time with a chain of coaching changes. A very poorly run organization. I think, as I have said already, you put Stafford in the right situation and he thrives just as Tannehill did in coming to us.

Ohhhh... the wonderlic. Ok.. well. You got me there. Stafford is gong to win it all with the Colts.

Just for reference....

Manning 28
Brady 33

I’m talking football intellect. Not IQ. Manning is probably the smartest QB of all time. His physical skills weren’t superior. Stafford has great physical skills and plays hurt and based on his wonderlic is able to put together furniture from IKEA but I take Rivers in his prime over Stafford in his. Stafford is a very good QB. But acting like he comes to the Colts and it just makes them so much better. They were pretty good with Rivers. I don’t think Stafford makes them much if any better.

By the way... Watson scored a 20 and Marino 16. Correlation? Maybe. I dunno...

Yeah not good news for us and it will make them the div. favorite and possibly even SB contenders.

Would be nice to have them suffer through failed QB's like the rest of the league but Sh*t always lines up for them ...
Agreed. Rivers landing there for a year and they started looking good after he built chemistry with the offense. He was way past his prime and no longer had the arm but still good enough to make plays to challenge for the division and be a playoff team. If they got Stafford, they would be top team in AFC South. Offense has lots of good weapons and defense is solid and better than ours.

Stafford would be best QB in division if Watson got traded. Let's hope Henry can have another dominate year next season because if he cannot we're screwed. Tammy is nothing without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back