Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
What are some rules that need adjusting / eliminated?

1) Defensive Pass Interference - go to 15 yards, no more of this garbage *underthrow a 40 yarder to make the defender run into the WR for free yards*.. sick of that. Can it be abused? probably. Is it already being abused? yes. Change it to 15 yards and neither side gets entirely fucked

2) Pushing ball carrier - get rid of this, even before Philly was doing it I said how chickenshit it was. And not just having 7 guys push the QB.. linemen pushing a RB, stop. If the defense can't use "leverage" then why does the offense?

3) QB slide - get rid of this, if the QB wants to be a RB, then they can get hit like a RB. This is abused way too much because the QB knows how scared the defenders are

4) Running into the kicker - protect the kicker? ok.. call a penalty if the defender grazes the kicker and then acts like he got shot? gtfo. If the blocker is going sideways to the kicker and hits the leg on the way down, no penalty. If the blocker is going straight at the kicker and hits him, penalty.

5) Automatic first downs - these need to go away. 5 yard penalties that grant an automatic first down are nonsense. There is absolutely no reason a 3rd and 20 should be negated by a slight hold 6 yards downfield

add more

What are some rules that need adjusting / eliminated?

1) Defensive Pass Interference - go to 15 yards, no more of this garbage *underthrow a 40 yarder to make the defender run into the WR for free yards*.. sick of that. Can it be abused? probably. Is it already being abused? yes. Change it to 15 yards and neither side gets entirely ****ed

2) Pushing ball carrier - get rid of this, even before Philly was doing it I said how chicken**** it was. And not just having 7 guys push the QB.. linemen pushing a RB, stop. If the defense can't use "leverage" then why does the offense?

3) QB slide - get rid of this, if the QB wants to be a RB, then they can get hit like a RB. This is abused way too much because the QB knows how scared the defenders are

4) Running into the kicker - protect the kicker? ok.. call a penalty if the defender grazes the kicker and then acts like he got shot? gtfo. If the blocker is going sideways to the kicker and hits the leg on the way down, no penalty. If the blocker is going straight at the kicker and hits him, penalty.

5) Automatic first downs - these need to go away. 5 yard penalties that grant an automatic first down are nonsense. There is absolutely no reason a 3rd and 20 should be negated by a slight hold 6 yards downfield

add more
Agree with 1-3.

I believe the kicker rule should change similar to the face mask to only 1 type and it really should be egregious. Kicker should also receive a DoG for flopping.

agree on auto firsts, specifically the defensive holding in the secondary. That penalty specifically, I’ve been vocal about for multiple years. 5 yard penalty is fine, NO FD unless less than 5 to go.

for different- the enforcement of holding and roughing the passer.
holding just needs more consistency.
Roughing the passer should be all but eliminated. Almost none of what is flagged today is an illegal hit.
Hand to the head- nonsense. That’s what the helmet is for.
Pushed over after ball is gone- should be a 2 1000 count at least.
Blindside hit should be totally legal.
And again, a Delay of Game if QB flops.

league wide should enforce Delay of Game for any player that cried for a flag BUT all penalties should be reviewable by coaches challenge. Including non-calls.
Give coaches challenge back to 3 per half at least until there is any proof these full-time refs are going to improve.

Do not review “all” TO and scores. Only the questionable ones.

Agree with 1-3.

I believe the kicker rule should change similar to the face mask to only 1 type and it really should be egregious. Kicker should also receive a DoG for flopping.

agree on auto firsts, specifically the defensive holding in the secondary. That penalty specifically, I’ve been vocal about for multiple years. 5 yard penalty is fine, NO FD unless less than 5 to go.

for different- the enforcement of holding and roughing the passer.
holding just needs more consistency.
Roughing the passer should be all but eliminated. Almost none of what is flagged today is an illegal hit.
Hand to the head- nonsense. That’s what the helmet is for.
Pushed over after ball is gone- should be a 2 1000 count at least.
Blindside hit should be totally legal.
And again, a Delay of Game if QB flops.

league wide should enforce Delay of Game for any player that cried for a flag BUT all penalties should be reviewable by coaches challenge. Including non-calls.
Give coaches challenge back to 3 per half at least until there is any proof these full-time refs are going to improve.

Do not review “all” TO and scores. Only the questionable ones.

You reminded me about challenges.. there should be no limit to *when* a coach can challenge.. i never understood the whole "only the booth can review in last 2 minutes".. i can't recall if they got rid of that but if they didn't, they should

When a player breaks off a big gain and it's called back due to a hold, but the DL/LB is 20 yards back and has nothing at all to do with the play. Hate that nonsense with a passion.

Every team can have a 3rd emergency QB active without counting against the active 48. If the emergency QB comes in, the first two cannot re-enter the game to avoid teams abusing the rule with a mobile QB for gadget plays.

Just the ball has to break the plane for RBs but WRs need to catch it, 2 feet in and maintain control, this needs to change...the player should have to cross the plane with control not just he ball breaking it

Just the ball has to break the plane for RBs but WRs need to catch it, 2 feet in and maintain control, this needs to change...the player should have to cross the plane with control not just he ball breaking it
I actually like those rules including getting rid of the old subjective “pushed out” rule for WR.

maybe tweek the infinite EZ/pylon

1. Mostly agreed. Probably won't happen because if a corner gets beat on a fly they'll just tackle the receiver and take the 15 yards. Nfl wants big plays and scoring.

2. Don't like this. I like the rugby style scrums. I remember one game titans were trying to close it out. Henry got stuffed but then I think ben Jones helped push the pile for the first down. It was awesome lol. As for the tush push only the Eagles have been very successful with it and that's cause hurts is a freak and they have an elite oline.

3. I think sliding is fine I do think they need to be better about giving the defenders some leeway on bang bang plays which I think they have. Also the little fake slide QBs do to get a defender to hesitate should 100% be banned that's junk.

4. Agreed. Should only be roughing the kicker and it should only be when it's egregious and intentional.

5. Agreed. If the yardage isn't enough for a first down then it's just a replay down with the yards added on.

Not a gameplay rule but something I would like to see changed is contracts to be fully guaranteed. NFL players already have the shortest careers of the four major north American sports and they get the worst structured contracts. No reason for it.

yes there is ... injuries directly affects careers in nfl

players should buy injury contracts or ... negotiate for them in their contracts

6) Block in the back - why does this exist? Just to ruin punt returns? The only reason I can think of would be "player safety" since the defender isn't aware it's coming.. but they generally fall forward and face first, so.. is it really that dangerous? I don't get it

6) Block in the back - why does this exist? Just to ruin punt returns? The only reason I can think of would be "player safety" since the defender isn't aware it's coming.. but they generally fall forward and face first, so.. is it really that dangerous? I don't get it
Eh a late block in the back of someone going in for a tackle has potential to be absolutely catastrophic. Also ppl getting blown up blind is a bad look.

Fumbling out of the endzone should not be a touchback. In no other situation is the ball awarded to a defense that didn't recover it. Take it back to the spot of the fumble.

Fumbling out of the endzone should not be a touchback. In no other situation is the ball awarded to a defense that didn't recover it. Take it back to the spot of the fumble.
Yeah I don't really understand this one. Seems like such a harsh outcome for a relatively harmless play? I wouldn't mind a middle ground of taking it back to the 20 though.

I think a safety should be worth 6 points. Throw the defense a bone.

I think a safety should be worth 6 points. Throw the defense a bone.

Technically, 9 or 10 points could result from a safety.. maybe an option for 5 points and give ball back to the team that got sacked would be interesting

Do you want 2pts and the ball, or just 5 points

I’d say the pushes to the back could be allowed, certainly the pushes from the side that sometimes get called but I do think there is a safety piece on this one.
If a player could just T off on a blind side, serious damage could be done. I do think there is room to adjust a little on how it’s called specifically when the contact is almost incidental like PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back