Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fumbling out of the endzone should not be a touchback. In no other situation is the ball awarded to a defense that didn't recover it. Take it back to the spot of the fumble.
I disagree with this one.
I think it works like a punt, the runner lost the ball and it went into the opposing EZ. comparably, if the ball is fumbled at the opposite end and goes OOB, it’s a safety with no recovery.
I don’t think this even happens enough to make a deal about and that last game (maybe college) about a week ago was the first time I ever saw outcry for this one.
I think it’s a good rule and should stay as is.

On punts give the returner a 5 yard cushion ( no fair catches like the CFL). This makes the return more exciting. When the punt team downs the ball it should be their ball. The kickoff rules are a joke.

NFL really needs to do away with illegal contact. These penalties are really ruining the game.

Screwed the Colts. Oh well. But still.

Players are calling for flags before they hit the ground it seems.. pathetic
I think that should be a delay of game called on the player. Maybe 5 yard variety, but if there’s complaints about the refs calls or non-calls, it should be coming from the coach. Kind of like baseball.

What's the point of kickoffs? They are hardly returned...touchbacks suck
I think this may be a Point of view argument.

for example, bears fans will always live in the heyday of Devin Hester who score like half the entire Bears season.
Titans fans have zero reason for excitement on KO pretty much ever, unless Lorenzo Neal is the returner.

I think this may be a Point of view argument.

for example, bears fans will always live in the heyday of Devin Hester who score like half the entire Bears season.
Titans fans have zero reason for excitement on KO pretty much ever, unless Lorenzo Neal is the returner.
Or Pac man Jones

What are some rules that need adjusting / eliminated?

1) Defensive Pass Interference - go to 15 yards, no more of this garbage *underthrow a 40 yarder to make the defender run into the WR for free yards*.. sick of that. Can it be abused? probably. Is it already being abused? yes. Change it to 15 yards and neither side gets entirely ****ed

2) Pushing ball carrier - get rid of this, even before Philly was doing it I said how chicken**** it was. And not just having 7 guys push the QB.. linemen pushing a RB, stop. If the defense can't use "leverage" then why does the offense?

3) QB slide - get rid of this, if the QB wants to be a RB, then they can get hit like a RB. This is abused way too much because the QB knows how scared the defenders are

4) Running into the kicker - protect the kicker? ok.. call a penalty if the defender grazes the kicker and then acts like he got shot? gtfo. If the blocker is going sideways to the kicker and hits the leg on the way down, no penalty. If the blocker is going straight at the kicker and hits him, penalty.

5) Automatic first downs - these need to go away. 5 yard penalties that grant an automatic first down are nonsense. There is absolutely no reason a 3rd and 20 should be negated by a slight hold 6 yards downfield

add more

Have all replay decisions done by the booth instead of having the ref run over and watch it

Rugby style scoring:
- make a touchdown a touchdown again. Ball carrier has to touch the ball to the ground. In the endzone.

- for PAT "The person attempting the conversion can bring the ball as far back as they’d like, but the ball must stay on the vertical plane of where the try was scored. That’s why working to ground the ball towards the middle of the posts to make the conversion attempt easier is so important."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't touch the QB anymore. Sheesh.

Between the NFL and college you literally can't touch the QB in the slightest of ways. There's been some absolute awful calls when it comes to protecting the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back