Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was TLDR so apologies if this has been mentioned.

But my least favorite rule in all of sports, is that if you stretch the ball out trying to reach the goal line, and drop the ball and it goes through the endzone, it's a turnover and a touchback for the other team.

In many cases, the defense did NOTHING to earn a turnover. They didn't strip the ball, they didn't recover the ball. Why is this a turnover? It's WAY too punitive.

Any other spot on the field, the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble if it goes out of bounds. Why is it different in the endzone? The rule punishes effort, which I hate.
there's a whole discussion on that like 1-2 pages back, some said same as you

I agree about the oddity of it... what could be an answer... give O ball at 25 ... which is still in FG range?

Jump ball at midfield, like basketball used to do. :beerbang:

Seriously, it seems logical to me that if the defense doesn't recover it, just make it the offense's ball at the spot of the fumble.

Not a hill to die on, I just see the current rule as odd. Oh well, no biggie and I respect the other opinions mentioned.

What are some rules that need adjusting / eliminated?

1) Defensive Pass Interference - go to 15 yards, no more of this garbage *underthrow a 40 yarder to make the defender run into the WR for free yards*.. sick of that. Can it be abused? probably. Is it already being abused? yes. Change it to 15 yards and neither side gets entirely ****ed

This one needs to happen immediately

This thread was TLDR so apologies if this has been mentioned.

But my least favorite rule in all of sports, is that if you stretch the ball out trying to reach the goal line, and drop the ball and it goes through the endzone, it's a turnover and a touchback for the other team.

In many cases, the defense did NOTHING to earn a turnover. They didn't strip the ball, they didn't recover the ball. Why is this a turnover? It's WAY too punitive.

Any other spot on the field, the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble if it goes out of bounds. Why is it different in the endzone? The rule punishes effort, which I hate.

Hold on to the ball at the goal line or lose it. It's different in the end zone because it's the end zone.

Want the same rules for end zone and out of bounds, then a ball carrier should be required to completely cross the plane of the end zone instead of just the tip of the ball. Why is the ball not out of bounds if it crosses the sidelines like when crossing the end zone line results in a TD?

Point being, different rules for different parts of the field/boundaries. Makes sense.

I don’t care for the pick routes receivers run in short yardage situations. Complete advantage for the O. A good rule would be receivers can’t cross routes before 5 yds.

Coaches should be able to challenge endlessly until out of time outs, and still after, losing possession of ball on O or 15 yds on D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coaches should be able to challenge endlessly until out of time outs, and still after, losing possession of ball on O or 15 yds on D.
the game would venture into baseball territory, i don't think you want an extra hour of ads per game right

they should be able to challenge what they want, when they want.. none of that "under 2 mins so you can't coach anymore" bullshit

but infinite challenges would be a slog to watch

the game would venture into baseball territory, i don't think you want an extra hour of ads per game right

they should be able to challenge what they want, when they want.. none of that "under 2 mins so you can't coach anymore" bull****

I just want the right calls made.

Cut down the play clock in the last quarter especially the last 2 minutes. Drives me crazy when players are already in the shower and time is still ticking down :)

they should be able to challenge what they want, when they want.. none of that "under 2 mins so you can't coach anymore" bull****

Penalties extreme without TO though… say loss of O possession, 20 yds on D. Games have been determined by fault on a previous lost challenge. That’s certainly a fact. Also, boot the 2 minute chit- fo reals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back