Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything to do with protecting the QB & or defenseless receivers.

These rules literally reward players for not knowing their surroundings (defenseless receivers.)

And for the QB... you don't want hit, you better get the that ball thrown a little earlier.

We watched Steve take a royal beating for years --- at least 65-70 percent of those injuries not on scramble.... would be a penalty today...... we at least deserve a rebate.

Anything to do with protecting the QB & or defenseless receivers.

These rules literally reward players for not knowing their surroundings (defenseless receivers.)

And for the QB... you don't want hit, you better get the that ball thrown a little earlier.

We watched Steve take a royal beating for years --- at least 65-70 percent of those injuries not on scramble.... would be a penalty today...... we at least deserve a rebate.
I have a huge problem with the QB during scrambling pulling up a little bit, then not giving themselves up. It puts the defender in an impossible situation. Saw several TDs scored and huge offensive gains in this manner, most memorable from recent memory was Josh Allen. Believe he scored TD in a PO game doing it. That chit absolutely needs to be addressed! The defenseless receiver makes sense to me, but it’s arbitrary.

I have a huge problem with the QB during scrambling pulling up a little bit, then not giving themselves up. It puts the defender in an impossible situation. Saw several TDs scored and huge offensive gains in this manner, most memorable from recent memory was Josh Allen. Believe he scored TD in a PO game doing it. That chit absolutely needs to be addressed!

Yeah, Kenny Pickett did it too and it made the rule blow up in the media.

Yeah, Kenny Pickett did it too and it made the rule blow up in the media.
It happens way too often. QBs know it, and certainly use it. Can’t blame them for taking advantage of it honestly, but it sours the game. Also don’t like the tip tap personal foul on QB that’s not egregious. Tits have had many instances where our own QB has had obvious egregious face masks and spearing with helmet go unflagged, but two fingers graze Mahomes…. So i agree with you on this completely. Once the QB passes the line to gain, he loses the redshirt. The redshirt rules for QBs really never should have been implemented in the first place by the NFL in live games. Late hits and helmet to head sure, but not tickytack flag here not there things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back