Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
protection of the QB..... it's gotten way out of hand...

You don't want smacked around, you better get rid of the ball sooner......

protection of the QB..... it's gotten way out of hand...

You don't want smacked around, you better get rid of the ball sooner......
Agree 110%

I’m almost for entirely removing roughing the passer if there is already an existing rule for defenseless player and general unnecessary roughness.

Every team can have a 3rd emergency QB active without counting against the active 48. If the emergency QB comes in, the first two cannot re-enter the game to avoid teams abusing the rule with a mobile QB for gadget plays.
I think the whole roster should be available for game days. If your team is healthy but you have to sit guys because some have to be inactive then you have several injuries during the game. The Inactive rule is stupid

Bump for the thread I guess BUT

I think if you declare going for 2 or kicking XP and a penalty is charged against the offense, they should have to stick with the declared choice.

ex: Jax got a TD, lined up for 2 and were penalized for DoG.
Then they decided to kick XP 5 yards back.

I think they should have had to go for 2 still but from the 7.

I think if you declare going for 2 or kicking XP and a penalty is charged against the offense, they should have to stick with the declared choice.

Nahhhh

Why? Same thing for punting or FGs after a penalty moves you closer ? Or going for it on 4th down. What of they were running a fake.

Why? Same thing for punting or FGs after a penalty moves you closer ? Or going for it on 4th down. What of they were running a fake.
Starters, I specifically said XP/ 2pt conversion nothing about FG or punt.
I also stated after an offensive penalty (which by default would be any that don’t result in just a failed try)

so any penalty that would move the offense closer goes against what I suggested.
A fake is going for it and a XP, they would already be lined up from the 17 putting themselves at a 15 yard disadvantage prior to any penalties in play.

And I didn’t suggest FG or punts because of the scenario of in FG range and a penalty moving the K out of FG range. This is a fairly common occurrence.

I get it, you disagree, but at least read the thing before disagreeing.

I read prefectionatley fine.

But that’s a stupid idea. No matter how much you write or make the reader reed to try and explain it. Maybe I just should have said that for you less intelligent folks. Stupid idea.
You didn’t read it.

that’s obvious or you completely misunderstood and added your own BS in your response.
if you’d read it, you wouldn’t have asked the questions you did.

I read prefectionatley fine.

But that’s a stupid idea. No matter how much you write or make the reader reed to try and explain it. Maybe I just should have said that for you less intelligent folks. Stupid idea.
No doubt you think highly of yourself. That I understand. Think everyone understands. Lol

Starters, I specifically said XP/ 2pt conversion nothing about FG or punt.
I also stated after an offensive penalty (which by default would be any that don’t result in just a failed try)

so any penalty that would move the offense closer goes against what I suggested.
A fake is going for it and a XP, they would already be lined up from the 17 putting themselves at a 15 yard disadvantage prior to any penalties in play.

And I didn’t suggest FG or punts because of the scenario of in FG range and a penalty moving the K out of FG range. This is a fairly common occurrence.

I get it, you disagree, but at least read the thing before disagreeing.
vrable would still punt even if penalty gave Titans a first down

What are some rules that need adjusting / eliminated?

3) QB slide - get rid of this, if the QB wants to be a RB, then they can get hit like a RB. This is abused way too much because the QB knows how scared the defenders are

Allen abused this vs Pitt

on the TD run, you could clearly tell the defender that had a line on him held up because he thought Allen was sliding.. but nope

and then late in the 4th, on 3rd down he ran 2 yards past LOS and then took his time sliding, obviously to draw the penalty

chickensh.it rule

Allen abused this vs Pitt

on the TD run, you could clearly tell the defender that had a line on him held up because he thought Allen was sliding.. but nope

and then late in the 4th, on 3rd down he ran 2 yards past LOS and then took his time sliding, obviously to draw the penalty

chickensh.it rule
It’s such a tough rule.
That long run, I agree it looked like he might slide but I don’t believe he actually started it like the Kenny Pickett run (college), then he saw the path.
I agree the 4th qtr incident shouldn’t be a flag. I think the league is pretty consistent on it, but he didn’t hit the head, lead with his helmet, or drop his weight on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back