Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a huge downgrade from last year, even with Henry.
Yeah, but Henry always gives us a chance. So to say we will be bad with or without Henry isn’t accurate. Henry carried us a few games this season when the rest of the offense was terrible. So if you would like to comment on the “with or without” component, I’m all ears.

Better to win ugly than lose. The missing topic is the mental toughness this group is showing. In the past, the Titans would have folded their tents. We don’t know what we have when the whole gang is healthy. I hope Marcus Johnson builds from today and AJ gets back in form.

I’m proud of how the boys continue to find a way to win.

Not pretty but the Saints D is solid.

I feel like this was a super cocky win. It was a win where we thought we would win with ease and it almost backfired on us.

I never felt we would lose this game, but we need to learn to stop playing close to the ledge against teams we're suppose to beat.

Totally agree with you though. The Saints defense was insanely good. I don't think we will face a defense that good the rest of the regular season.

I still do not get why people thought the Titans would blow out the Saints.

Titans are decimated with injuries and the Saints have a top notch D. This game went mostly as I expected. The offense struggled and the game was close.

Because the game wasn’t as close as the score. The Saints had 15 points till the 1 minute left mark with the Titans being very conservative all of the 2nd half.

That’s why.

Hopefully foreman keeps getting more carries, he looks better than AP. Saints are tough, glad to get a win.

Anyone know if Simmons came back after he left injured? Or any info about him?

It was ugly, but lots of good.

- We won. We are 8-2.
- We won without Henry and Julio and we only got 16 yards from AJ.
- Marcus Johnson went 5 for 100.
- Monty Rice stepped up for Long/Evans and we didn't really miss much. He got 11 tackles and a QB hit on the 3rd down stop at the goal line to force a field goal.
- Fulton is back. And looks like the real deal. Sometimes CB's have a couple good games, then regress. And that is without injuries. He looked great. That's huge.

When this team is healthy is is going to be nasty as hell people. We are a mash unit and missing a generational talent at RB AND we are still winning against good teams. We are not what we will be in the playoffs on offense and defense, IF we get healthy for them. Right now we just need to win any way we can, get the best playoff seeding we can, and get healthy.

LOL

you counting plays that dont count now???
that running TD dont count either

beyond stupid

Titans have a 4 game lead in AFCS & a 2 game lead in THE AFC

The running TD counts because there wasn’t a very questionable flag thrown on the play.

You can go ahead and trick yourself into thinking Tannehill throwing to our backup RG in the back of the end zone covered by 2 guys is a good play LOL.

Overall he played well but that throw was as you say “beyond stupid”.

Yes Titans won. I’m very happy with that

Because the game wasn’t as close as the score. The Saints had 15 points till the 1 minute left mark with the Titans being very conservative all of the 2nd half.

That’s why.
BS. They could have tied the game and taken it to OT if they converted the 2 point coversion. Maybe we played “conservative”. But I haven’t seen many games this year where we haven’t.

the throw that did not count cause he was hit in the head while throwing?

that one?

and the running TD does not count in his passer rating

T17 threw well today... but the ball, for once, bounced the Titans way... both fumbles recovered by Titans... one Turned into a Titan TD the other kept the field from flipping... Boger did not cost NO the game, their K did

But Titan D did prevent the 2 point conversion and Titans did recover the onsides... so yeah Titans won the game

lets not forget Titans were only what -2.5 at home ... so that is basically even.

Not like people expected a multiscore Titan victory

the throw that did not count cause he was hit in the head while throwing?

that one?

and the running TD does not count in his passer rating

T17 threw well today... but the ball, for once, bounced the Titans way... both fumbles recovered by Titans... one Turned into a Titan TD the other kept the field from flipping... Boger did not cost NO the game, their K did

But Titan D did prevent the 2 point conversion and Titans did recover the onsides... so yeah Titans won the game

lets not forget Titans were only what -2.5 at home ... so that is basically even.

Not like people expected a multiscore Titan victory

Does not change the fact that it was a dumb decision for him to lob a ball up to Aaron Brewer in the end zone. He’s lucky it got called back. And that’s why his passer rating was as high as it was today.

Again, overall he played pretty well. But that throw could have cost us the game had the refs not bailed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back