Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We have gone from the number 1 seed in the AFC to the number 9 seed in the space of a month with 3 straight AFC losses. After the Bears likely lose tonight, we will have only actually beaten one winning team this year (Bills). It appears our 5-0 start was a mirage but we are not a bad team. Unfortunately we probably are a .500 team.

There's only so far you can go with this defense and special teams. Certainly we're not set up to make a run in January the way things stand. Offensively we have regressed, mainly due to o-line issues but the offense is not the main problem we have before some of you immediately start blaming Tannehill. Although all 3 phases of the team need to step up.

With the Ravens, Colts and Browns the 3 next weeks, we will need to actually beat some decent football teams or our 5-0 start will be 6-6 before we know. That would be a very Titans thing to do.

I'm feeling very pessimistic for a 6-3 team. Hopefully we can stop the rot with some stronger performances. Coaching also needs to massively step up.

What is everyones view and final season prediction? I genuinely think we could be staring down the barrell of 9-7 again and that might not cut it for a WC birth in the AFC this season.

I want to stay optimistic but its difficult

L- Playing Baltimore on the road after they just lost to NE, they will be fired up

L- in Indy, their defense is better

W vs Cleveland but not entirely sure

W in Jax again not sure, they just played GB very well

W - Det

L - GB, Rodgers is going to light us up

W - in Houston??

9-7, 10-6 is very optimistic at this point

I re-watched the Ravens playoff game fro last year...the team was fired up, we seem to be missing that fire.

Hindsight 20/20....but should have kept Casey over Clowney and kept Logan Ryan over Beasley. Continuity I thought was a big thing with this staff? leadership is missing big time.

I re-watched the Ravens playoff game fro last year...the team was fired up, we seem to be missing that fire.

Hindsight 20/20....but should have kept Casey over Clowney and kept Logan Ryan over Beasley. Continuity I thought was a big thing with this staff? leadership is missing big time.
Ya we let go of all our leaders on the D and brought in cucks to replace them. Beasley, Clownboy. I'm not surprised there's no fire on this defense. Does Clowney ever look fired up? Looks like he just goes through the motions and turns it up when unblocked.

Ya we let go of all our leaders on the D and brought in cucks to replace them. Beasley, Clownboy. I'm not surprised there's no fire on this defense. Does Clowney ever look fired up? Looks like he just goes through the motions and turns it up when unblocked.

Yep lost alot of the identity from last year on D losing Casy and Ryan for sure.

Clowney wanted 20 million this year, didnt get it so he is just going through the motions

Beasley, maybe the same? But he got 9.5...I don't think his head was ever into football this year, with us or otherwise.

Lack of coaching on the defensive side is killing us. Special teams too. Vrabel must drop his ego and hire legit coaches this offseason. We will be lucky if we go 10-6. It’s crazy to think we have the same record as the Dolphins.

I want to stay optimistic but its difficult

L- Playing Baltimore on the road after they just lost to NE, they will be fired up

L- in Indy, their defense is better

W vs Cleveland but not entirely sure

W in Jax again not sure, they just played GB very well

W - Det

L - GB, Rodgers is going to light us up

W - in Houston??

9-7, 10-6 is very optimistic at this point

How many years (or is it decades in a row) would we be 9-7 ?

I know many here are down on us doing much at this point, but we face 3 of the teams immediately in our way of getting a playoff spot the next 3 weeks.

We'll either flip the script and get back to where we want to be, OR the sky will fall and the world will end.

As long as were in the .500 range Im holding out hope we qualify, thats just how I operate...

I've kind of (mentally) given up on this season. JRob showed Webster-level* incompetence this offseason by:
1. Not drafting a kicker (could've used a 7th rounder on the best kicker coming out of college);
2. Letting the leadership (Casey/Ryan) walk for two players that most considered washed up;
3. Not forcing Vrabel to bring in an actual DC.

There's no quick fix for what we are now. The defense is going to continue making Jerry Gray look like Wade Phillips (wait, what is Phillips doing now?), special teams is going to continue to be putrid, and the offense may or may not bail us out on occasion (Tanny's been looking pretty rough lately, though; so this may not happen often).

We went from having a damn solid team that could have won a Super Bowl, to having a fundamentally broken team that would need a ton of luck to get past the Wild Card round.

* - Actually, I don't think Webster was ever actually as incompetent as JRob was this past offseason; he was just consistently mediocre.

More than one bad loss.
we've been in every game til the last moments, except last Thursday

even when we got beat by the Bengals we were in that game, and might have even come back to win if the refs werent determined to call phantom pass interference call that erased a turnover

we've been in every game til the last moments, except last Thursday

even when we got beat by the Bengals we were in that game, and might have even come back to win if the refs werent determined to call phantom pass interference call that erased a turnover
Sorry JC, last time I checked no points for being in games until the end lol

seriously? after 1 bad loss?

guys were 6-3 not 3-6, jeez

It's not a matter of W vs. L; it's a matter of the product that I'm seeing on the field.

Defense and special teams are fundamentally broken, and there's no real way that I see to fix them this season. KC
could easily put up 100+ on this joke defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back