Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, not that it would happen mind you, but is there any reason/rule that would prevent KC from signing him again?

They could but he would have to fall to them in the waiver order and the Chiefs are wayyyyy down the list lol
Hmmm...I could be wrong but I actually thought he would have to go through all 31 teams on the waiver wire before KC could sign him again. Since KC released him, all other teams get a shot first. Again, I could be wrong.

Hmmm...I could be wrong but I actually thought he would have to go through all 31 teams on the waiver wire before KC could sign him again. Since KC released him, all other teams get a shot first. Again, I could be wrong.
Im not sure. You would think that they get the opportunity again in their waiver wire spot.

M
Winning starts with good sportsmanship and being a decent person...

both on and off the field

This clown is a loser.

Get that son of a b!tch off the field right now.

The only way he should be allowed into a NFL stadium again is to pick up the trash an hour after the game ends.
i got $30 on hunt vs nephew gunner

Winning starts with good sportsmanship and being a decent person...

both on and off the field
Since when? Two biggest scandals in the past few decades were spygate and bountygate. Pats and Saints both doing well, and mr. bountygate himself has a temporary HC Job.

And there’s no longer any reason to expect basic human decency out of pro athletes.

Since when? Two biggest scandals in the past few decades were spygate and bountygate. Pats and Saints both doing well, and mr. bountygate himself has a temporary HC Job.

And there’s no longer any reason to expect basic human decency out of pro athletes.

Thank you.

Now I’m not advocating for a team that is stacked with the most garbage people the planet has to offer.

But it’s funny how people will complain or have an issue with pro-athletes who make mistakes, do stupid stuff or are just flat out awful people.

But yet turn around and have no issue working with people that have/do the same type of things.

Thank you.

Now I’m not advocating for a team that is stacked with the most garbage people the planet has to offer.

But it’s funny how people will complain or have an issue with pro-athletes who make mistakes, do stupid stuff or are just flat out awful people.

But yet turn around and have no issue working with people that have/do the same type of things.
Who says that I detested two of my former Principals... I mean detest. I will show up for their funerals with a smile on my face when they happen...horrible people.

you just equivocated cheating on the football field with beating women.

the police didn't get involved with bountygate or spygate.

maybe you and I are different but it takes a special kind of a scumbag to lay hands on a woman

how does hitting a woman help you excel on the football field?

Spygate allegedly helped a team win a game. Bountygate allegedly helped a team win a super bowl.

I guess its too much to ask to have decent human beings on the field.

Even profootballtalk agreed - I remember when they got rid of their arrest tracker

Farewell to the “days without an arrest” meter

we should all just shrug our shoulders, and allow these idiots to be held to a lower standard because we want one team to have a higher score than another on sunday.

maybe you and I are different but it takes a special kind of a scumbag to lay hands on a woman

Spygate allegedly helped a team win a game. Bountygate allegedly helped a team win a super bowl.

Even profootballtalk agreed - I remember when they got rid of their arrest tracker

we should all just shrug our shoulders, and allow these idiots to be held to a lower standard because we want one team to have a higher score than another on sunday.

...except they are held to a higher standard.

Kareem Hunt wasn't charged with anything. ...and NFL players are statistically less likely to do these things than your average 20-39 year old male.

The Rate of Domestic Violence Arrests Among NFL Players

...except they are held to a higher standard.

Kareem Hunt wasn't charged with anything. ...and NFL players are statistically less likely to do these things than your average 20-39 year old male.

The Rate of Domestic Violence Arrests Among NFL Players

You just made my point

If you paid most of us here millions a year, we'd be Mariota-tier choir boys. Hell, most of us are like that without making that kind of money. Most NFL players get this.

The fact that there is a small contingent of men who continuously flaunt their privilege and seemingly do not care about their personal conduct makes me think they have zero business in the league to begin with.

If you are so dumb that you can't control your emotions around some 110lb broad, then you need to get the hell off the field.

My claim about good running backs being a dime a dozen still stands. For example, Barkley in NYC - He is good now but he will burn out in 3-4 years and will be another Chris Johnson. There isn't one running back we could plug into our scheme and instantly make us a Super Bowl contender. NOT ONE. Kareem Hunt is no LaDainian Tomlinson--- and even if he was, how many SBs did LT win?

Then again, those rumors on the Chiefs message boards about what really happened are starting to pick up steam. I hope those rumors aren't true.

If so, he should be in prison.

I did not equate the two in any other way than saying that bad people do succeed in sports.
I’m just saying, I’m beyond expecting any bit of ethical behavior from NFL players or coaches. Many of them are turds, and if I have any say in it, my kids won’t idolize any of them.

If you want to support a completely criminal free NFL team, good luck finding one. I don’t really support the NFL at all, financially.

In what way did I trivialize bearing women? I just pointed out that cheaters and scumbags of many varieties can win.

Preaching some Rah-Rah GI Joe stuff about how being a good person equals “being a winner” in the context of the NFL is plain meaningless. Proof is in the pudding. It doesn’t matter, and that’s at least a part of the reason why I really don’t care all that much about the NFL.

You just made my point

If you paid most of us here millions a year, we'd be Mariota-tier choir boys. Hell, most of us are like that without making that kind of money. Most NFL players get this.

The fact that there is a small contingent of men who continuously flaunt their privilege and seemingly do not care about their personal conduct makes me think they have zero business in the league to begin with.

If you are so dumb that you can't control your emotions around some 110lb broad, then you need to get the hell off the field.

My claim about good running backs being a dime a dozen still stands. For example, Barkley in NYC - He is good now but he will burn out in 3-4 years and will be another Chris Johnson. There isn't one running back we could plug into our scheme and instantly make us a Super Bowl contender. NOT ONE.

Then again, those rumors on the Chiefs message boards about what really happened are starting to pick up steam. I hope those rumors aren't true.

If so, he should be in prison.

You say most. Most NFL players aren't getting in trouble. This week, we are talking about 2 guys out of what? 1500-2000 guys. Most of everyone from any walk of life isn't getting in trouble.

And statistically, high profile doctors, lawyers, business men are not any "better" than others about this stuff.

Also, if you don't want to watch or support football, that's cool. Go enjoy your weekends.

...but it seems awfully foolish to do so and still spend time on football message boards.

Preaching some Rah-Rah GI Joe stuff about how being a good person equals “being a winner” in the context of the NFL is plain meaningless. Proof is in the pudding. It doesn’t matter, and that’s at least a part of the reason why I really don’t care all that much about the NFL.

Point taken.

But think about moral high horse commish....

Goodell has punished players and coaches for their misdeeds when they weren't even in the NFL. Terrelle Pryor and Tressell come to mind. No crime was committed, allegedly.

If any part of the Ben Roethlisberger rape story is true, he should be out of league. I've said that for 10 years.

But people have seemingly forgot all about that. He got punished without ever being convicted.

But if you ask a Steelers fan about Ben, they will put him next to Jesus Christ because he won a few football games.

FWIW, I own the Tim Tebow book.

Ask me anything

LOL

Tebow was bro-tier choir boy. He said that girls would literally stalk him and try to sneak into the dorm. When they succeeded, he deflected them all and introduced them to Riley Cooper instead. Not what I would have done, but that's his life.

Media made Tebow look like a choir boy, but with Aaron Hernandez and Urban Meyer in the ranks, makes you wonder if it was all a ruse.

But we can fantasize about a team being a bunch of good guys but the truth is... guys like Tebow could have been doing mountains of cocaine and had overseas hookers flown in and no one would have even known. As long as sports media tells us they are good guys, we have to believe them.

NFL players have the resources to hide their misdeeds and often, owners are complicit in the coverup until the media gets wind. If the media gets wind, then they go into damage control mode.

There should also more be accountability on the owners and front-office staff.

The Chiefs have probably known the real story the whole time.

We can punish the players but the cover-up culture starts in the front office.

To deny is exists is like saying the sun doesn't come up.

Taking away draft picks and fining owners isn't really any handicap either. It didn't seem to hurt the Pats.

NFL fans and owners act like these clowns aren't replaceable.

They are 1,000% replacable.

J. Winston is a scumbag...

Fitzmagic was plugged right in and has out performed Winston... yet people act like Winston is some SB quarterback. He's nowhere near that SB caliber. Winston probably won't be a starter in 3-4 years.

Why people act like these clowns aren't replaceable is beyond me?

We don't have to sink to the bottom of the barrel to get scumbags on our team.

If players understood that they are replaceable, perhaps the NFL could go 100 days without an arrest or a PR blackeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back