Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm simply pointing out the hyperbole of using freak of nature. Please define for me your definition. You can throw out all the stats and chit you want to.
A 300+ pound human should not be able to move like Simmons does. I think you could argue the majority of the NFL are freaks of nature before the opposite tbh.

A 300+ pound human should not be able to move like Simmons does. I think you could argue the majority of the NFL are freaks of nature before the opposite tbh.
I would define a freak of nature as him doing something no one else can do. If he is doing what a lot of other players are doing then he is not a freak of nature. Again, that's based off what I think a freak of nature is as a NFL player. They are the rarest of the rare. He is not that.

Javon Kearse is the closest thing to a freak of nature the Titans have ever had.

I would define a freak of nature as him doing something no one else can do. If he is doing what a lot of other players are doing then he is not a freak of nature. Again, that's based off what I think a freak of nature is as a NFL player. They are the rarest of the rare. He is not that.

Javon Kearse is the closest thing to a freak of nature the Titans have ever had.
He could hold a ruler between his thumb and pinky. That's ridiculous.

CJ2K? Lewan? Bullock?
300px-Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg

name a clown, a clown and Mr Monday Night

Haynesworth really had 2 seasons. His monster year earned his paycheck but he also quit right then and there, glad it wasn’t on the titans.
Best DT I’ve ever watched during that contract year. Was in the backfield every play it seemed. Wish Simmons could do that, then I would agree he’s worth it.

Well that’s an extreme, extreme version of what people think of him.
Not only does no one think he’s going to be a sack king, but the idea of any safeties is ridiculous.

he’s really good, run stuffer, he draws double teams regularly, he helped Landry get 15 sacks 2 years ago and the hope is he can help that some more.
Simmons is among the best DT in the league. There is no one replacing him which includes any up coming draft picks.
Absolutely worth the money.

One of my favorite songs ever. I would play this pregame and Haynesworth would always ball out. Handsworth AKA Haynesworth. I need to find a song for Simmons.

Ay, Haynesworth and Erron Kinney had the best looking girlfriend/fiance/wife I've seen out of the Titans players.

Yeah, zero people acting like that.. maybe on FB or Tweeter... But not in the real world.

Just happy to resign a good player. He helps the defense tremendously. Titans will have a lot of cap space after this season...why not spend some money on good players? What alternative method is there to building a team? Keep throwing darts and hope you can get cheap players that play well?

I dont expect stats from a DT, I expect them to draw double teams and cause the kind of havoc that allows the faster players to get around and get the stats.

I dont expect stats from a DT, I expect them to draw double teams and cause the kind of havoc that allows the faster players to get around and get the stats.
Exactly. Hopefully we go back to alot more safety blitzes and creates opening for our OLBs.

I wonder how this affects this years cap number for Simmons? I would assume the cap hit this year would be less than the 10 plus million, of the 5th year option. And pro rated into future years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back