Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don’t kick FGs anymore unless it’s in the closing seconds and we’re down by 3 or fewer. Apparently we are not going to make a roster change, so we need to make a strategy change.

this season is completely on Vrabel at this point. He made the choice to use an unproven kicker over Allen - cost us a game. Gostkowski already cost us the Pitt game. If Gost keeps missing FGs and XPs, and we lose because of it.. it's all Vrabel

as much as I liked Vrabel the last two years, he's wearing out his welcome pretty quick with this bull**** season

Robinson might as well not even exist, no draft picks have contributed, no offseason moves have contributed.. why the **** are you here?
You are so dramatic it's crazy

Dude rebuilt this team from top to bottom

Yea this past off season was pretty much a waste but in time those draft picks will contribute

It’s the ST coach. Ks we released killin it elsewhere. And JRob not seeing it.
I can't really buy that because it's not like Succup or Santos were on their first team when Tennessee signed them and how much does the ST coach get in on "how the kicker kicks"?
I'm thinking he's responsible for the blocking, maybe some of the snap timing (maybe. that really seems more Vrabel's job) and possibly which players are on the field for each kick.
Succup was a Vet signing coming off a couple pretty good years so I don't think he forgot how to kick, although I can see him needing time to get into form, again, not really on the ST coach.

I say this in the ST coach defense of FG/XP only. His punting situation is awful all the way around.

Keeping Gostkowski on the roster at this point is professional negligence. We went through a handful of kickers last season who were all as productive as this loser and somehow he's still playing.

Patriots favoritism at its finest.

Keeping Gostkowski on the roster at this point is professional negligence. We went through a handful of kickers last season who were all as productive as this loser and somehow he's still playing.

Patriots favoritism at its finest.

To be honest, I want the special teams coach gone, more than Gostkowski. He's just the easy target. Since Week 1 last year, our special teams coach has went through 6 kickers with averages of:
Less than 30 yards = 50%
Less than 40 yards = 60%
Less than 50 yards = 60%

Do we really sign 6 duds in a row? At some point, the coach needs to shoulder the blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I want the special teams coach gone, more than Gostkowski. He's just the easy target. Since Week 1 last year, our special teams coach has went through 6 kicks with averages of:
Less than 30 yards = 50%
Less than 40 yards = 60%
Less than 50 yards = 60%

Do we really sign 6 duds in a row? At some point, the coach needs to shoulder the blame.
I think blaming the special teams coach for the performance of veteran kickers is dumb. These guys have all been in the league 6+ years. They have their technique down. It's just a matter of making the damn kicks.

The problem, outside of Succup, is we brought in guys who were released because they were terrible in the previous stop. They continued to be terrible here. That should not be a shock to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back