Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soxcat said:
The main reason I can see for NO going Leinhart over Young is Leinhart is more NFL ready.... The Saints may need a QB who can produce quickly.

BINGO! We have a winner!!

My sentiments exactly Soxcat. The reason why we could be better off with Young than Leinart, is that we don't need him to start right away. He can spend time learning behind McNair and learn whatever the coaches feel he doesn't have yet, such as reading a pro-defence. What I see in Young is huge potential that needs developing, what I see in Leinart is a good quarterback, who might or might not, be as good as he is ever going to be. My gut tells me that Young can be even better given time and good coaching.

In fact I see us having McNair, Mauck and Young for the next 1-2 years, McNair being the starter, Mauck the backup in case of injury and Young the apprentice on the bench.

No, Young will be able to practice with the first team every week while McNair watches. McNair will then play with little practice time and we will get to hear how our WRs stink and how Bennett is not a viable #1. I wonder if the excuse we are still getting used to the new offense will fly next year as well.

Soxcat said:
I wonder if the excuse we are still getting used to the new offense will fly next year as well.
It will with some.

Side Note: Sources say Andre Woolfolk is planning another breakout year.

:flush:

jdee said:
With our situation at QB with an aging McNair, this is the time ( and now the place) to take a franchise QB. I'm not plannin on us drafting this low again for several years, so now is the time. Weather it's Leinert or Young, we've got to take whoever the Saints do not take.

JDee
I agree with that.

My point about Omar is; I'd prefer us to take a defensive player now, and get Omar later on. If Omar doesn't work out (and doesn't seem up to speed) try and get Brady Quinn next year.

I don't necessarily agree that the Saints would take ML over VY. Young would be very marketable in NO, create a buzz about the team and could be a better long term prospect. The Saints could easily decide to forgo the NFL-ready and take a longer view. Without a coach in NO, a lot remains to be seen.

Well VY last year in the saints would have been perfect. Give him chance to ride the "NO in ruins" boat and play **** and miss all the crits. This year, they need to get back on track and give NO a team.

Sup all,

My first time posting so guess that makes me the N0ob, oh well gotta start somewhere. Just thought I would share something with the non believers out there, that Vince Young can do it ALL.

youtube.com/w/inVINCEable?v=GlYTlzR1j7k&search=vince%20young

sorry cant post link cause i have under 15 posts but just copy and paste and sit back to enjoy......

Brian said:
It will with some.

Side Note: Sources say Andre Woolfolk is planning another breakout year.

:flush:

Obsession, no, that's not it at all, I think I finally get you though guy:

Andre Woolfolk Is Your Idol

Why else would you mention him in threads that have nothing to do with him. Oh I am sorry, I missed it. You actually hate him, don't you.

Well Mac9 was the third overall with some time on the pine and he took over and became a pretty good QB Young very McNair esque if you will would be a great prospect hopefully.

Titans2gd said:
Sup all,

My first time posting so guess that makes me the N0ob, oh well gotta start somewhere. Just thought I would share something with the non believers out there, that Vince Young can do it ALL.

youtube.com/w/inVINCEable?v=GlYTlzR1j7k&search=vince%20young

sorry cant post link cause i have under 15 posts but just copy and paste and sit back to enjoy......

Welcome to the board.

I just watched the link. Boy!! He is the man. If we get VY I will be a very happy camper.

Brian isn't infactuated with Woolfolk. He thinks Woolfolk stinks and is a 1st round bust. He is infactuated with pulling WoolfolksUncle's strings. Works every time.

irregardless of relativity or other friendships

Andre Woolfolk was drafted WAY to early
or hasn't been properly coached to support his abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back