Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s about philosophy but also cap cost. None of those guys carried near the price Henry does.
That cap cost goes for every position.

The current cap cost per player, Henry wouldn’t seem nearly as bad if THill, Dupree, Lewan, Cunningham didn’t have bloated contract for what they offer.

There is value in Henry also not killing in a different jersey. Guy’s a monster.

It boggles my mind that people still think Henry is the key to win a superbowl.
Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, and the list goes on of great runningbacks who won nothing.
Fact is you don’t win the superbowl with an expensive star runningback as your primary focus.
Ayo someone on this board has a brain!

To be fair -- Marshawn Lynch, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk. Just three off hand -- so while the larger scale may be true, but not the entirety.
Lynch was pretty huge for the hawks I'll give you that, but also a very dominant defense. Bettis only had 368 rushing yards their Superbowl season so nah. Faulk was great but he also was a part of the greatest show on turf so I can't really say he carried the team.

It's just really hard to have your RB be your best offensive piece when they're almost rendered useless if you're playing from behind/in two minute drill. Especially if they have major limitations in a pass catching role like henry does.

Lynch was pretty huge for the hawks I'll give you that, but also a very dominant defense. Bettis only had 368 rushing yards their Superbowl season so nah. Faulk was great but he also was a part of the greatest show on turf so I can't really say he carried the team.

It's just really hard to have your RB be your best offensive piece when they're almost rendered useless if you're playing from behind/in two minute drill. Especially if they have major limitations in a pass catching role like henry does.
I think the point was that you can have a dominate type RB if the team is good enough around him. That includes defense.

The problem with Henry/Titans the last couple of seasons is the team around him (and the OC) have only gotten worse. He still carries the load...but of course he can't do it all by himself.

There also has to be some threat of a passing game...which we know TN doesn't have due to personell and play calling.

But with that being said, even with opponents keying in on Henry and not much help, he still puts up pretty good numbers. He's special even when it doesn't look pretty.

People keep mentioning his athletic ability..... yet we haven't seen it in a game. He's had what, 1 good run in 3 games?

Come on, he's ran for like 409 yards. Too bad it's all been behind the line of scrimmage and ended in a sack or incomplete pass...

His athletic ability was good in a bad college conference. In the NFL he's an average athlete and it shows. Nothing flashy or exciting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back