Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is will Tanney be here next year? I do hope we keep Dobbs as the number 2. Willis can sit on practice squad and develop or not. It is looking like Willis was a J-Rob pick not a Vrabel pick. If I am Tanney, I would not want to come back if Downing is the OC and some serious upgrades at Wr and offensive line

Question is will Tanney be here next year? I do hope we keep Dobbs as the number 2. Willis can sit on practice squad and develop or not. It is looking like Willis was a J-Rob pick not a Vrabel pick. If I am Tanney, I would not want to come back if Downing is the OC and some serious upgrades at Wr and offensive line
30m reasons to come back even if they sign me as LT... just sayin'

It's sad, but we probably have one more year with Tannehill. We made our bed with him. In the end, our only hope is that Henry has a long career ahead of him so we can rebuild and take advantage of his talent by 2025 or 2026.

It's sad, but we probably have one more year with Tannehill. We made our bed with him. In the end, our only hope is that Henry has a long career ahead of him so we can rebuild and take advantage of his talent by 2025 or 2026.

I would really like for this to be the case, but I do not see it happening. IMO JRob sealed (limited) DH's future when he signed Tannehill to a long term deal after ONE good season in series of nearly a decade of mediocre and injury prone seasons. DH has been an absolute stud for us, but he is starting to wear down (understandably given how we have completely depended on him since 2018). I find it unlikely that he will remain at stud level into 2025.

DH is a great player and should be a first ballot HOFer IMO, but the lack of team success in the post season will be a "headwind" for him in this pursuit as well unfortunately.

Shame on our organization for wasting this talent IMO.

I would really like for this to be the case, but I do not see it happening. IMO JRob sealed (limited) DH's future when he signed Tannehill to a long term deal after ONE good season in series of nearly a decade of mediocre and injury prone seasons. DH has been an absolute stud for us, but he is starting to wear down (understandably given how we have completely depended on him since 2018). I find it unlikely that he will remain at stud level into 2025.

DH is a great player and should be a first ballot HOFer IMO, but the lack of team success in the post season will be a "headwind" for him in this pursuit as well unfortunately.

Shame on our organization for wasting this talent IMO.

If JRob hadn't blown the OL DH22 would have even more yards/TD's and the Titans more W's.

If JRob hadn't blown the OL DH22 would have even more yards/TD's and the Titans more W's.

If Robinson hadn't blown the OL, the Titans might have had a functional passing game. The fact that Dobbs' game on Thursday was one of the better QB performances of the year for the Titans speaks volumes to me as to how bad the OL is in the passing game.

For me the draft should be OL, OL, OL, with an emphasis on trying to acquire a franchise LT.

It boggles my mind that people still think Henry is the key to win a superbowl.
Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, and the list goes on of great runningbacks who won nothing.
Fact is you don’t win the superbowl with an expensive star runningback as your primary focus.

It boggles my mind that people still think Henry is the key to win a superbowl.
Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, and the list goes on of great runningbacks who won nothing.
Fact is you don’t win the superbowl with an expensive star runningback as your primary focus.
I get what you’re saying as far as primary focus, but Marshall Lynch, Legarrette Blount, Ray rice, and Hillman/Anderson all were big enough running games to help marginal QBs.

That’s just the SB winners. Plenty of other teams that were capable but just lost a game or two early.

You can win with Henry as the focus but you need a little more from the passing game and you MUST have a D playing at a high level.

It’s sad how backwards the OL has went. Vrabel needs to call Munchak asap although I doubt he would come back I sure would love for the Titans to have a competent OL coach
Curious if Bruce Matthews, Kevin Mawae, or Hutchinson would be interested in coaching and all have some franchise love.

It’s sad how backwards the OL has went. Vrabel needs to call Munchak asap although I doubt he would come back I sure would love for the Titans to have a competent OL coach
I said that awhile ago... Munchak would help but maybe he's too smart for Vrabel...Vrabel seems to like coaches that are "beneath" him

Can anyone contact AAS and get on this?? ;)

I said that awhile ago... Munchak would help but maybe he's too smart for Vrabel...Vrabel seems to like coaches that are "beneath" him

Can anyone contact AAS and get on this?? ;)
I don’t know that we’ll really ever know, but does Munchak have beef with the franchise after getting canned.

I get what you’re saying as far as primary focus, but Marshall Lynch, Legarrette Blount, Ray rice, and Hillman/Anderson all were big enough running games to help marginal QBs.

That’s just the SB winners. Plenty of other teams that were capable but just lost a game or two early.

You can win with Henry as the focus but you need a little more from the passing game and you MUST have a D playing at a high level.
It’s about philosophy but also cap cost. None of those guys carried near the price Henry does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back