Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I read it. No apology to the fans.
You want him to say “I’m sorry I had a bad game?” Would that make it all better?

Sounds pretty shallow to me. What’s done is done. He needs to be better. If seeing a therapist helps make that happen, good for him.

If we need an apology from Tanny, I need one from #22, the OC and Vrabel as well.

Nothing wrong with seeking therapy. Plenty wrong with publicizing it for secondary gain and affirmation. I see it EVERY day in my job. There’s nothing ignorant about tgat opinion. In fact, I’d suggest the opposite it the truth in regards to secondary gain.
Show me where he’s seeking secondary affirmation. It seems to me his point was that he was deeply disappointed in his play to the point he was reliving the past instead of focusing on the future.

He’s the best QB this franchise has had since #9. He’s also the best chance the Titans have for a good season. Whether it’s hypnosis, therapy or taking up ballet, I’m all for whatever makes him a better QB.

You want him to say “I’m sorry I had a bad game?” Would that make it all better?

Sounds pretty shallow to me. What’s done is done. He needs to be better. If seeing a therapist helps make that happen, good for him.

If we need an apology from Tanny, I need one from #22, the OC and Vrabel as well.
to me it lands with the whole 'accountability' thing the Titans are always spouting... they hold themselves privately accountable ( according to the Titans ) but have exactly ZERO accountability to the fans... none. Titans make that completely clear

same crapola here IMO

nothing wrong with anything T17 did but exactly none of it needed to be public

and yes a heartfelt sorry to disappoint in such a spectacular fashion at home in the playoffs with the 1 seed would actually start putting direct pressure on the open wound everyone in attendance recieved

Show me where he’s seeking secondary affirmation. It seems to me his point was that he was deeply disappointed in his play to the point he was reliving the past instead of focusing on the future.

He’s the best QB this franchise has had since #9. He’s also the best chance the Titans have for a good season. Whether it’s hypnosis, therapy or taking up ballet, I’m all for whatever makes him a better QB.
Ed-E
Ed-E
Ed-E

did the ballet thing didnt he?

Nobody is arguing you second point.

To the first, you telling me he has never had a tough loss before? This is something new? Hell naw- he may have always been to "therapy" or even if this is new, why go public about it now? WHY GO PUBLIC? It's secondary gain and it is a real phenomenon in healthcare. He's garnering sympathy/empathy for his disastrous performance. He is still immensely unpopular right now. Sharing (claiming) he has needed "therapy for being in a dark place" is gains him some slack from the public ire. Might even lessen the "boo-birds" when/if he throws that first INT next season.

yeah- i think Vrabel especially for bringing in Downing. #22 playing back from a Jones fracture from overuse- so I'm convinced by all he's done in the past that he was going all in.

We pay money, a lot of money and a lot of it to Tannehill. He chit the bed two playoffs in a row. If he can admit publicly to fans he needs therapy, why not a simple apology to the paying and/or loyal fans to demonstrate he has taken some accountability for his crappy performance. That's how you garner public support. Much better than playing the "I'm a victim, in a dark place card" that is so popular now a days.

He's garnering sympathy/empathy for his disastrous performance. He is still immensely unpopular right now. Sharing (claiming) he has needed "therapy for being in a dark place" is gains him some slack from the public ire. Might even lessen the "boo-birds" when/if he throws that first INT next season.
Yet there are fans like you (and many others if you read Reddit) who feel it proves Tanny isn’t mentally tough-enough to win the big games.

It works both ways.

Much better than playing the "I'm a victim, in a dark place card" that is so popular now a days.
Where you see his statement as a cry for sympathy, I see it as a QB who cares about the team and is doing what it takes to get himself ready to get better.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Yet there are fans like you (and many others if you read Reddit) who feel it proves Tanny isn’t mentally tough-enough to win the big games.

It works both ways.

Not sure how you are drawing that assumption. My point is no need to go public with seeking therapy. There is nothing but secondary gain by going public with your decision to seek therapy.

It works both ways.
Also not sure how others draw the assumption you're stating. THIll sought therapy as a result of the loss- not for anything that helped contribute to the loss. If others feel that way- it's on them- not the point I'm making.

Hell, I almost needed therapy after that playoff loss. I'm glad it hurt THill as much as it hurt the fans. I hope he rebounds from it and has an MVP season. TitanUp!

Nobody is arguing you second point.

To the first, you telling me he has never had a tough loss before? This is something new? Hell naw- he may have always been to "therapy" or even if this is new, why go public about it now? WHY GO PUBLIC? It's secondary gain and it is a real phenomenon in healthcare. He's garnering sympathy/empathy for his disastrous performance. He is still immensely unpopular right now. Sharing (claiming) he has needed "therapy for being in a dark place" is gains him some slack from the public ire. Might even lessen the "boo-birds" when/if he throws that first INT next season.
I am not going to look up his history but I have to think this might have been one of the worst losses of his career. Miami sucked so chances are he didnt really have many pivotal games. With our expectations for the season and our seeding his terrible play has to be one of if not the worst loss he has had.

I dont care that he went to therapy. I do care he hasnt made a lot of effort to be working with as many of his teammates as possible to get prepared for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back