Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didn't --- it's his way to try to soften us up and feel some middle ground understanding for him.

Yeah -- I'd be real depressed too knowing I was going into a season where i'm making 30 million with a 5 million bonus, and it would 2x as hard for me to get over the fact that I cannot be cut this year because of how much it would cost my team.....

Cry me a river .

"It's not my job to mentor him" -- yeah it's not your job to mentor him, but it IS YOUR JOB to be professional about it -- at least talk the media in circles about the question. - Tannehill is showing true traits of a narcissist --

"This isn't happening" (AJ Brown trade) ---- So you're a rookie then and you've never seen anyone traded among contract disputes? ... That would explain the inexperience in the playoffs from a QB standpoint.....

No he didn't --- it's his way to try to soften us up and feel some middle ground understanding for him.

Yeah -- I'd be real depressed too knowing I was going into a season where i'm making 30 million with a 5 million bonus, and it would 2x as hard for me to get over the fact that I cannot be cut this year because of how much it would cost my team.....

Cry me a river .

"It's not my job to mentor him" -- yeah it's not your job to mentor him, but it IS YOUR JOB to be professional about it -- at least talk the media in circles about the question. - Tannehill is showing true traits of a narcissist --

"This isn't happening" (AJ Brown trade) ---- So you're a rookie then and you've never seen anyone traded among contract disputes? ... That would explain the inexperience in the playoffs from a QB standpoint.....
Like I said he had no problem taking Mariota's job... difference being Marcus showed class and was a good teammate

still a MM8 fan... hope he does well unless playing against 2 tone blue

If he can manage to stay in NFL a few more years I think he will be a top 15 type guy... clearly has smarts and work ethic

Like I said he had no problem taking Mariota's job... difference being Marcus showed class and was a good teammate

Absolutely, Mariota knew the jig was up and I'm quite certain that was why he was afraid to throw the ball --- if he started strings of INTs, he knew who was waiting in the wing.

But in terms of exposure to the media - he never showed it, carried it like a professional, and made it about the team.

Tannehill is a weakling. NFL QB’s shouldn’t need therapy after a loss. Definitely not who I would want leading my team. He’s supposed to be the leader of an NFL team and the only vibe he gives off is constant weakness. He makes more money in a month than most people make in a lifetime. If he’s so bothered by it, that he needs therapy, he needs to retire and stop taking up the teams salary cap. Those of you feeling sorry for him are some Grade A suckers.

Some of you need therapy yourselves. Mocking or dismissing a guy for going to therapy for what ever reason he felt the need to... A lot of it is probably due to asshole fans that take entertainment way too seriously and feel that they are owed something from those paid to entertain.

You pay to watch the games, win lose or draw...not for the right to treat players like your personal robot that should do what ever you feel they need to do. Watch the games for entertainment and then get the f over it and yourself.

I think the bigger concern outside of the comment itself is the body language. As if that’s the last place he wanted to be. After a lackluster season, horrific playoff loss, and a disconnected offseason — I’m not entirely sure he’s capable of rebounding from mentally tough situations. Situations that require leadership and, moreover, accountability and a short memory. His eyes looked frustrated and a little scared in that presser. Very concerning moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you need therapy yourselves. Mocking or dismissing a guy for going to therapy for what ever reason he felt the need to... A lot of it is probably due to ******* fans that take entertainment way too seriously and feel that they are owed something from those paid to entertain.

You pay to watch the games, win lose or draw...not for the right to treat players like your personal robot that should do what ever you feel they need to do. Watch the games for entertainment and then get the f over it and yourself.

I don’t think anyone should be ridiculed for publicly addressing a topic as stigmatized as mental health. I think most people’s problem with RT’s mentioning of therapy, however, is that the context seemed a little cheap.

Some of you need therapy yourselves. Mocking or dismissing a guy for going to therapy for what ever reason he felt the need to... A lot of it is probably due to ******* fans that take entertainment way too seriously and feel that they are owed something from those paid to entertain.

You're right -- I absolutely believe in Ryan Tannehill's story....... it ranks right up there with Manti Teo's girlfriend, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus...

You're right -- I absolutely believe in Ryan Tannehill's story....... it ranks right up there with Manti Teo's girlfriend, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus...

Yeah. Unfortunately this just appears to be the case of someone not handling the pressure of the job well. That being said, who knows what line of communication the coaching staff has had with him in the offseason. He could be warranted for feeling the way he does. In the meantime, it seems a little as if he’s pouting.

Eh, non-story.

1) Fans and fans here constantly complain about the players not caring. But we give the players crap when they show they care.

2) Therapy is mainstream now. And it is certainly far preferable to what Isaiah Wilson did here with his self treatment.
You’re comparing apples to oranges with the Wilson/Tannehill mental health analogy. Also, what do you mean when you say they get criticized for showing they care? I mean that sincerely, not trying to argue.

Tannehill is a weakling. NFL QB’s shouldn’t need therapy after a loss. Definitely not who I would want leading my team. He’s supposed to be the leader of an NFL team and the only vibe he gives off is constant weakness. He makes more money in a month than most people make in a lifetime. If he’s so bothered by it, that he needs therapy, he needs to retire and stop taking up the teams salary cap. Those of you feeling sorry for him are some Grade A suckers.
I understand why he needed therapy
Like was stated earlier, I thought I was gonna need therapy after that loss. It broke my heart. I was in a funk for a few weeks and he’ll I’m just a fan. I think it shows that he shoulders the blame for the loss and needed to work through that.

I understand why he needed therapy
Like was stated earlier, I thought I was gonna need therapy after that loss. I broke my heart. I was in a funk for a few weeks and he’ll I’m just a fan. I think it shows that he shoulders the blame for the loss and needed to work through that.
On the other hand, I think his bringing it up means he hasn’t moved on.

Yeah. Unfortunately this just appears to be the case of someone not handling the pressure of the job well. That being said, who knows what line of communication the coaching staff has had with him in the offseason. He could be warranted for feeling the way he does. In the meantime, it seems a little as if he’s pouting.

It's mentioned in the article that he was in therapy before...he just said that he was in a dark place and the therapy (that he was already in) along with other things helped him to move on.

And as far as bringing it up or pouting...he was asked a question and answered it honestly... I don't see how that's being taken as a bad look.

It's mentioned in the article that he was in therapy before...he just said that he was in a dark place and the therapy (that he was already in) along with other things helped him to move on.

And as far as bringing it up or pouting...he was asked a question and answered it honestly... I don't see how that's being taken as a bad look.

His body language is what I take as a “bad look.” He looks inconvenienced. Flustered. Uncomfortable.

Anyone watch Tammy interview yesterday and what he said about mentoring Malik. Yeah, sounds like a real sour ass. Bad teammate. Can't wait until he's gone.

It’s kind of funny that a bunch of people who come to a message board to talk about their feelings regarding a sports team think a professional athlete is weak for seeking therapy after a devastating loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back