Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could’ve omitted the entire post besides the last sentence and still gotten your message across. Also, no one is saying Tannehill doesn’t or shouldn’t have feelings.
And you could not post at all.

You literally said he makes a lot of money so he should just get over it. Lol

Others are saying he's faking the whole thing to save face for losing a football game.

Y'all are all missing the part where Tannehill was already in therapy. No amount of money helps mental health. I'd say it probably has the opposite effect for people in the spotlight who make big money... Many many celebrities/entertainers have mental health problems. They are human beings just like the rest of us yet they have to put up with a lot more **** than most.

Tannehill didn't seek therapy because he lost in a football game. He confided in his normal therapist about a football game he felt was causing mental distress.

For people who are super competetive, train year round and make it their life goal to win a Superbowl it's probably pretty tough coping with a tough loss in a big game. Especially when you know you don't get many shots at it.

It's his job to play football and win and he makes a ton of money to do so, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings or problems.

He actually said 'he'd never been in therapy' --- so he was not already in therapy by even his own context. Refer back to his press conference.

For all we know the therapy could’ve been more for coping with all the hate directed towards him from fans/social media and the media, less about losing the game and him being so upset about it.

Or he never had therapy but is saying he did to make it seem like he actually is so distraught about losing that he was in a dark place.

The smiles and laughing after bad interceptions seem to show me it didn’t bother him much at the time, so not sure I buy it.

Either way, we’ll never know…

And it's even sadder when another collection of people who come to a message board to talk out of their gluteus maximus can't seem to comprehend that players tell open ended lies all the time when they sense there is a shift in public opinion about a team, player, or situation.

"It's not about the money."
"Some things just didn't work out"
"He is a great player who does alot of things well."
"I needed to seek mental help."

(translated)

1. That GM was trying to undercut my value and was definitely not offering enough money.
2. They stepped on my toes/I stepped on their toes pretty bad - or I cannot stand to work for such an incompetent organization.
3. This dude can't read a COVER 3 for sh-- and that's how we're going to beat him.
4. The fan base hates me right now super bad -- so I claimed this, because if I went into this interview saying I got over it quick, they would try to crucify me.)
Would you rather players say the latter?
Someone here was just pointing out how unprofessional THill was for saying exactly that.

No question that was the biggest loss of his career.

Favorites, high expectations as #1 seed, seeing the potential competition all the way through the SB, literally his game play was at least the largest contributor to the loss.

Never had any playoff losses in Miami. The previous two playoff losses were not largely due to his poor play. I know people round here argue that, but not having a great game and having a bad game are different.

With that mentality when AJ was having mental health issues Vrabel should of told him to kick rocks, it's not his job to mentor AJ, his job is to make the Titans a good football team. Mentoring isn't just job/football related things it encompasses a lot of areas.
Isn’t this at least part of the job title, “coach”?

Y'all are all missing the part where Tannehill was already in therapy. No amount of money helps mental health. I'd say it probably has the opposite effect for people in the spotlight who make big money... Many many celebrities/entertainers have mental health problems. They are human beings just like the rest of us yet they have to put up with a lot more **** than most.

Tannehill didn't seek therapy because he lost in a football game. He confided in his normal therapist about a football game he felt was causing mental distress.

For people who are super competetive, train year round and make it their life goal to win a Superbowl it's probably pretty tough coping with a tough loss in a big game. Especially when you know you don't get many shots at it.

It's his job to play football and win and he makes a ton of money to do so, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings or problems.
You’re missing the part where if you’re paying someone $40 million a year, you would prefer they not need therapy to do their job. You’re supposed to be the best for that much money, not emotionally weak. He should have more than enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life. If you’re having to go to therapy, retire. It’s not the job for you.

You’re missing the part where if you’re paying someone $40 million a year, you would prefer they not need therapy to do their job. You’re supposed to be the best for that much money, not emotionally weak. He should have more than enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life. If you’re having to go to therapy, retire. It’s not the job for you.
Is that advice for everyone, or just those that make $40 million?

If I am paying someone $40 million a year, I want them to do whatever they need to do to be able perform at their job. There is nothing wrong with going to therapy, people from all walks of life do it, and many more probably should do it. There is also nothing emotionally weak about it, that sounds like what people would say decades ago. I would much rather anyone go to therapy rather than end up self medicating with a bottle or drugs every night or go on some sort of shooting spree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that advice for everyone, or just those that make $40 million?
It’s a double down that money fixes mental depression.
Good thing they’re aren’t countless examples of that not being the case.
I’d be willing to bet Robin Williams was paid over $40 mil to do his job. For that kind of money, I guess he should have been mentally tougher and fans should have expected him to be or that he should have accepted Criticism just the same.

It’s a double down that money fixes mental depression.
Good thing they’re aren’t countless examples of that not being the case.
I’d be willing to bet Robin Williams was paid over $40 mil to do his job. For that kind of money, I guess he should have been mentally tougher and fans should have expected him to be or that he should have accepted Criticism just the same.
No but he made enough in one year to live comfortably the rest of his life. Therefore he doesn’t have to continue doing it if bothers him so bad it sends him to therapy. No one is forcing him to play.

No but he made enough in one year to live comfortably the rest of his life. Therefore he doesn’t have to continue doing it if bothers him so bad it sends him to therapy. No one is forcing him to play.
Is it not acceptable to look at it from a different view?

like maybe this guy dedicated his entire life to this point into playing this game, has hit a rough patch, would like to fix it, and continue doing what he clearly enjoys?

is that mentally weak?

short answer is ... yes - depending

IMO the only reason to go public is a pathetic attempt to garner sympathy

BUT I know tons of pro athletes, drivers, golfers WTFever, have PAs whose only job appears to be to prop the athlete up in every way possible. I would argue this is a form of therapy but a traditional one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back