Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Jrob and Vrab being the type to do the dual QB thing.... At best Willis becomes the backup. Odds are against him even making it that far.
Odds are against him being the backup as a 3rd round pick? I don’t think so. I also don’t think he’s going to ever be a great player, hope he proves me wrong.

I don’t disagree about Woodside at all. My point is, that’s how much Willis has to learn. If needing to start a game today, Woodside would be better prepared than Willis.
I believe Willis could move the ball better with his running ability alone than Woodside’s arm.

major-league-pic-3-640x360-640x360.jpg

T17s locker

Then he should be a halfback. He has to master the passing game or he won’t be anything more than a gadget player for a few seasons.
I didn’t say he couldn’t throw it too. I said his legs alone are more of a threat than Woodside is in totality.

I didn’t say he couldn’t throw it too. I said his legs alone are more of a threat than Woodside is in totality.
I’m going to be surprised if he is a quality starter in the NFL. I hope so, for our sakes, but if you watch complete games and not just his highlights, you see the mountain he has to climb. Thankfully he is a very bright dude, but still, quite a challenge for him. There is a reason he dropped to the 3rd and that’s because GMs knew he would take seasons not “a” season to come around.

I’m going to be surprised if he is a quality starter in the NFL. I hope so, for our sakes, but if you watch complete games and not just his highlights, you see the mountain he has to climb. Thankfully he is a very bright dude, but still, quite a challenge for him. There is a reason he dropped to the 3rd and that’s because GMs knew he would take seasons not “a” season to come around.
He may never be a starter, but he’s a lot better than Woodside right now.

I don't see Jrob and Vrab being the type to do the dual QB thing.... At best Willis becomes the backup. Odds are against him even making it that far.
If he cannot replace Woodside, then l have some unclean underwear he can use

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still thinking they will hide MW this season... I would totally love to see a bunch of plays designed for him put into the O... I just have zero faith in Titans to do such a thing... like ZERO

I'm willing to wait like we did with McNair. I really don't like "dual threat" QB's- they have one good year and then after getting their bell rung in the big boy league they turtle and spazz out with INT's.

But I'm good with seeing if Willis can be McNair like. Good arm, tuck and run as last resort. Handle a hit. etc.

I dont care much for run first qbs. Warren Moon will always be one of my favorite qbs. He understood how to use his athletic abilities and when to use them.

I'm willing to wait like we did with McNair. I really don't like "dual threat" QB's- they have one good year and then after getting their bell rung in the big boy league they turtle and spazz out with INT's.

But I'm good with seeing if Willis can be McNair like. Good arm, tuck and run as last resort. Handle a hit. etc.
Thats the thing, it will be a wait. It will be at least two seasons and by then Tannehill will be 36. If RT pulls his head out into the sunshine and plays like he did year 1 and 2, he can be the Titans QB because next year Willis will not be ready. If Willis ever pulls everything together great, but I think his chances are greater that doesn’t happen. History pretty much bears that out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back