Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with therapy. Just no need to go public with therapy. That comes off as secondary gain.

it’s just become too fashionable to reveal you are in therapy. And going public DOES provide secondary gain.

short answer is ... yes - depending

IMO the only reason to go public is a pathetic attempt to garner sympathy

BUT I know tons of pro athletes, drivers, golfers WTFever, have PAs whose only job appears to be to prop the athlete up in every way possible. I would argue this is a form of therapy but a traditional one
I believe therapy or not, there is a group of fans who will boo RT the minute he sets foot on the field. Not a wise move as it fuels the enemy. Regardless of that probability, he will face gale force boos at his first interception. Is he prepared for that eventuality?

Nothing wrong with therapy. Just no need to go public with therapy. That comes off as secondary gain.

it’s just become too fashionable to reveal you are in therapy. And going public DOES provide secondary gain.
There’s another reason to go public with therapy that you are missing; advocacy. One of the most productive ways to reduce stigma is for people to speak about their experiences. Even more so when the person speaking is in the public eye.

There’s another reason to go public with therapy that you are missing; advocacy. One of the most productive ways to reduce stigma is for people to speak about their experiences. Even more so when the person speaking is in the public eye.
i don't really think it needs advocating anymore

it's like "cancer awareness" campaigns

we know it exists, we don't need reminders

but i don't really care he mentioned it, i care about what he said in regards to Malik though

Yes I agree with you 10000% on the secondary gain thing. It’s popular right now to be a victim of something. And people exploit that all the time. No doubt about it.

After watching the press conference I didn’t feel that way about RT17 (and I think my opinion on him is very well stated in here). But to me the question led him to bring it up. It did not seem like he brought that up just randomly. The question was pretty specific about how that game affected him/and if it still affects him. Seems pretty relevant to mention the therapy sessions at that point.

but there should be no one in here denying people play the victim card for self gain,.. because that happens ALL THE TIME. And our society has embraced that mentality sadly.

i don't really think it needs advocating anymore

it's like "cancer awareness" campaigns

we know it exists, we don't need reminders

but i don't really care he mentioned it, i care about what he said in regards to Malik though
All of human history would argue that we need constant reminders.

I don't get what y'all think he's gaining from mentioning therapy in an answer to a question he was asked. Obviously it's opening up him up to criticism more than it's gaining him sympathy.

The people who are ok with it aren't giving him sympathy for going to therapy ...we don't see it as a big deal... On the other hand, look at all the criticism he's receiving. He's being called weak and a bad teammate and everything else... So where is the gain?

Willis is not an immediate threat to Tannehill. He’s probably not an immediate threat to Woodside. It’s going to take a long time for Willis to learn the pro game. Tannehill needs to get back to where he was two years ago and not choke in the playoffs and he will stick around a while. I hope Tannehill isn’t on the wrong side of fight or flight. Time will tell.

Willis is not an immediate threat to Tannehill. He’s probably not an immediate threat to Woodside. It’s going to take a long time for Willis to learn the pro game. Tannehill needs to get back to where he was two years ago and not choke in the playoffs and he will stick around a while. I hope Tannehill isn’t on the wrong side of fight or flight. Time will tell.
Not so sure about woodside. Since no on can actually define what it is he does for the team, I would say just any amount of excitement around Willis has already moved woodside down the depth chart.

This truly can’t be known. Willis is at minimum the backup. He probably even plays some even if THill stays the starter.

But he may be a complete bust also.

Woodside is history. Has no business being in the NFL to begin with. Couldn’t be 3rd string on most teams.

At worst Tannehill has a few years as a starting QB and several years as a back up left in his career if he so chooses. People want to act like he's some bum after a bad playoff game, but the fact is, Tannehill still has plenty left as a starter and he'd be a better backup even in a few years than most teams have the luxury of having.

This truly can’t be known. Willis is at minimum the backup. He probably even plays some even if THill stays the starter.

I don't see Jrob and Vrab being the type to do the dual QB thing.... At best Willis becomes the backup. Odds are against him even making it that far.

Hence the word probably. I am speaking strictly to his adapting to the pro game not what the team will do with him. If you watch entire games of his, you will be as alarmed as you are excited. His film is overall a hot mess and he will need every bit of two years to be functional in the league. He has all the talent to do it, but waaaaay behind in his learning curve.

Woodside is history. Has no business being in the NFL to begin with. Couldn’t be 3rd string on most teams.
I don’t disagree about Woodside at all. My point is, that’s how much Willis has to learn. If needing to start a game today, Woodside would be better prepared than Willis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back