Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Linking an article of one of the GM candidates we interviewed.

I Interviewed to Rebuild the Titans, and Here's What I Would Have Done | Bleacher Report

He highlights what it was like interviewing for the Titans and the issues he saw with that process. He also goes into detail at how he would do his job as GM of the Titans if he was hired.

"
However, there were some early indications that ownership wasn’t necessarily looking for a complete diagnosis of its problems....

It was also clear ownership wanted to stay the course inside the halls of the complex. I was told, "We don’t want to blow up the building. This is a staff that works well together and avoids the internal politics and bickering that can and has brought down others in the past."

"

The most disturbing aspect of it, is that ownership was not even interested in exploring all options to improve the team. Responsible ownership of a team in such a tailspin should have looked under every rock for answers. Had they done that and still chosen Mularkey, I would have tipped my hat to their conviction. As it is, I only feel disappointment that every effort wasn't expended to actually address the horrific shortcomings of this team.

I understand a lot of his decisions were written like no brainers, however I think the interesting tidbits come from his insight into the interviewing process.
The Adams Family arent interested in good ideas, they just want to get along with the guy they employ..

I wanted to like this article but he doesn't really give up all that much. Only a couple sentences are actually interesting, rest is just him daydreaming about installing the blanket "leadership" to the Titans. I feel like any GM would say the same...

much happier with Robinson listening to his interviews

There were only 2 maybe 3 parts tops I found interesting.

The rest is just anything you could apply to any high profile job interview process.

I wanted to like this article but he doesn't really give up all that much. Only a couple sentences are actually interesting, rest is just him daydreaming about installing the blanket "leadership" to the Titans. I feel like any GM would say the same...

people always laugh when I use Madden as to how to build a team, but Robinson uses that same method, he's just crafty enough to call it a "decimal system"

give guys grades 1.0-10.0 the same as they do at the combine and pick up all the high rated players you need, not rocket surgery.

yes i said rocket surgery

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree on Robinson, my take away was the unwillingness to even look at another option than Mularkey. Of course we knew that, but I hate the constant reminder of how lax the process was.

people always laugh when I use Madden as to how to build a team, but Robinson uses that same method, he's just crafty enough to call it a "decibel system"

give guys grades 1.0-10.0 the same as they do at the combine and pick up all the high rated players you need, not rocket surgery.

yes i said rocket surgery

I like separating the players into tiers and going through it like that. But might be because I don't have the time to watch every game of a prospect enough to further separate them.

I like separating the players into tiers and going through it like that. But might be because I don't have the time to watch every game of a prospect enough to further separate them.
If I did that Will Redmond would be comparable to Jalen Ramsey, and thats just unfair for Redmond even tho I like him enough to make him a Titan..

Lol who cares. I just care who he puts on the field.

I agree but I care because this organization has taken a ton of my money. If they want more they have to convince me that I'm not throwing good money after bad. Retaining Mularkey and a pre-rehearsed canned "inspirational" speech doesn't do that. I'm out on paying for chit. And I'm not convinced anything has really changed and never will with these owners.

I agree but I care because this organization has taken a ton of my money. If they want more they have to convince me that I'm not throwing good money after bad. Retaining Mularkey and a pre-rehearsed canned "inspirational" speech doesn't do that. I'm out on paying for chit. And I'm not convinced anything has really changed and never will with these owners.

I agree with everything you said but his speech really does not concern me at all. He is a 1st time GM getting a lot of attention for the 1st time. His speech was something he had written down for the Press Conference. I know he had serious nerves going as anyone in his situation would.

I have very little concern about the speech. A LOT of concern about the farce "HC Search" and hire. The scary part is the lack of realization from ownership. If they could not see the need for a complete blow up of the building, & coaching staff now; they never will.

I will need a lot of convincing before I will believe anyone with this team is concerned with winning.

Just wanted to point out the speech was canned which makes me doubt the sentiment things will be different. The speech got a positive response from press and some members here.

Just wanted to point out the speech was canned which makes me doubt the sentiment things will be different. The speech got a positive response from press and some members here.

It could've been copied after he made it at the press conference.

If his intro speech was fake that's lame as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back