Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. I find this kind of thing fascinating - the goings on behind the scenes. I liked what this guy had to say - I dare say he would have had a better introductory press conference than Jon Robinson did.

The guy was obviously disappointed he didn't get the job. But his article does illustrate just how far from the norm this dysfunctional franchise has drifted. And just how out of touch ownership is. And EVERYTHING we've heard from Strunk and AAS face corroborates that supposition.

WHEN:

- season holders don't renew
- merchandise sales slump to all time lows
- alcohol sales at the stadium are non existent
- another 3-13 record happens
Maybe they will listen and get a decent head coach or just sell the team.

Call me crazy, but the Addams Family only seems to pop up when we lose in humiliating fashion to Houston.....

Their mindset about Mularkey is EXACTLY what they were thinking about Whisenhunt, and it's also how Webster would approach Free Agency. That is to say, the organization is willing to overlook the stink of a bad overall record, if there is any redeeming quality. They think they are going to get a diamond in the rough, and on the cheap...every time.

THAT is why we are where we are. They were set on Mularkey regardless. Why? Because they were interested in giving him a 3rd chance, despite his record, the last time around. They chose Whisenhunt instead. Their top 2 HC'ing candidates had miserable records, and this organization doesn't care.

It's just a shame we cannot fire the ownership and the Mustache.

tumblr_o177y0GGhv1smmsbuo1_540.png

We're stuck with the dumbest front office in the league, and that is saying something when you outdo Cleveland for that title.

I can see the "sour grapes" comments but that doesn't make every word he wrote not true. It seems to back up what most of us have believed for a long, long time. The titans front office and ownership are certainly not up to par with be NFL's best....haphazardly ran and rudderless is more like it.

Maybe he did the whole interview with his pants unzipped and they had a hard time listening to him because they kept trying to hint to him to zip up.

Webster would approach Free Agency. That is to say, the organization is willing to overlook the stink of a bad overall record, if there is any redeeming quality. They think they are going to get a diamond in the rough, and on the cheap...every time.

Webster was fairly aggressive in free agency. Not sure how this misconception got started. I'd say we have been consistently been in the top ten of free agent "activity" during Websters time here.

I think in the final analysis, Sundquist's motivation for writing such an article is worth pondering. He didn't get the job and he writes a "you're making a mistake" type article. As I said previously, we already knew the coaching search was a sham and the only take away I really had from this article is the painful r minder of that. Now, after a day's reflection, I also take away that this makes Sundquist seem petty and a sore loser. Of course those take aways are independent of the fact that we have made several poor coaching decisions since the Robinson hire. In fact, we made a great hire with him mainly by accident - since he would agree to keep Mularkey.

I don't agree with the course the organization took at all. But...

It's been what? Since 08 since this kat has been employed? And how many job interviews has he been through since then only to be denied time and time again. Including one time by your Titans. I have no doubt that what he said was accurate about his comments about this organization. But the man is full enough of himself to personally justify writing such a piece. Maybe this nature and behavior is clouding his way into another position.

Ridiculous piece of writing. Doesn't mean the org is off the hook. I believe what he said is accurate.... And shameful.

Webster was fairly aggressive in free agency. Not sure how this misconception got started. I'd say we have been consistently been in the top ten of free agent "activity" during Websters time here.
eeeh pretty real bad at that also.... just sayin'

but yeah he paid some UFAs cause his drafts were so turrible

I was thinking largely of Fitzpatrick and Oher, in that regard. Fitzpatrick was an INT and game throwing machine BEFORE we brought him in.

Oher as since acquitted himself, at Carolina.

I don't agree with the course the organization took at all. But...

It's been what? Since 08 since this kat has been employed? And how many job interviews has he been through since then only to be denied time and time again. Including one time by your Titans. I have no doubt that what he said was accurate about his comments about this organization. But the man is full enough of himself to personally justify writing such a piece. Maybe this nature and behavior is clouding his way into another position.

Ridiculous piece of writing. Doesn't mean the org is off the hook. I believe what he said is accurate.... And shameful.
True. It's airing your dirty laundry. Who knows what his real motivation was? Maybe he just wanted to get his name out there and wanted people to see, look...I was right, and much blame falls on guys "like me" when truth be told...it is often ownership making really bad coaching hires.

I was thinking largely of Fitzpatrick and Oher, in that regard. Fitzpatrick was an INT and game throwing machine BEFORE we brought him in.

Oher as since acquitted himself, at Carolina.
Titans been doing that crap forever

Fred 'False Start' Miller gave up 9 SACs in 1 game to Kearse so the Titans signed him to play RT !!!!!!

insanity

True. It's airing your dirty laundry. Who knows what his real motivation was? Maybe he just wanted to get his name out there and wanted people to see, look...I was right, and much blame falls on guys "like me" when truth be told...it is often ownership making really bad coaching hires.

Maybe the guy loves football and is genuine about exposing bad ownership. Who really knows? The guy is an author now, this is a story whether the Titans like it nor not. What he wrote was a very interesting insight into the interview process regardless if he blasted this organization.

And if the shoe fits, wear it. The Adams heirs are a ridiculous lot when it comes to being NFL owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back