Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I thought the Jags actually drafted quite well overall. I think we are going to be one of the top divisions in the NFL next year.
It really has been on of the top divisions in the league for the past 2 seasons:

2019 - Only the NFC-N and NFC-W had a better win %
2018 - Had the best win % in the NFL

Everyone's always sleeping on the AFC South because we only have 1 household name at QB now with Luck gone, but the division isn't the joke that it was 5 years ago.

And there's no reason to believe anyone's gotten worse.

If they had a QB, yes they would be a contender for the division. But Rivers does not scare me at this point. He has a pop gun for an arm now, and he's hitting the QB wall.

That said, the rest of that team is good, and beating them won't be a cake walk. They might not be in the hunt for the division, but they'll certainly be looking to play spoiler and won't be a pushover.
I dont care how bad Rivers is, he is still an upgrade over Brissett.

Rivers > brissett

I dont care how bad Rivers is, he is still an upgrade over Brissett.

Rivers > brissett
2019 stats adjusted for attempts rather than cumulative:

TD/attempt: Brisset (4%) - Rivers (3.9%)
INT/attempt: Brisset (1.3%) - Rivers (3.4%)
Yards/attempt: Brisset (6.6) - Rivers (7.8)
Sack/attempt: Brisset (5.7%) - Rivers (5.4%)
QB Rating: Brisset (88.0%) - Rivers (88.5%)

So they're pretty much the same player except Rivers throws more picks, but does get more yardage. He got a ton more volume in LA, so his overall stats look better, but he's really not any better on a per throw basis.

One thing you can't say though is that Rivers is stepping into a better situation of offensive playmakers. That Chargers team actually has ton of receiving talent on it - Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, and Austin Ekeler are all extremely dangerous weapons for a QB.

Indy has some interesting pieces and a good OL, but there's a lot of unknowns with that group, and some big question marks at several positions.

It really has been on of the top divisions in the league for the past 2 seasons:

2019 - Only the NFC-N and NFC-W had a better win %
2018 - Had the best win % in the NFL

Everyone's always sleeping on the AFC South because we only have 1 household name at QB now with Luck gone, but the division isn't the joke that it was 5 years ago.

And there's no reason to believe anyone's gotten worse.

The Texans are worse. 6 to 8 win team if healthy. OBrien completely destroys locker room by mid season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back