Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite narratives is that our oline is awful at run blocking. It's actually above average. Meanwhile henry has been below average as far as runs over expected goes. Henry is a titans legend but his best days are most certainly behind him

He's lead the league in carries what, twice?

The whole narrative that Henry gets ran in to the ground gets debunked if you look at past RBs and how many 300+ carry seasons they had. Henry is at 3 in a 7 year career. Many RBs have carried the load more than Henry has in his career.

Many on here don’t seem to think so

It's actually pretty incredible Henry is still as productive as he is, shows the combination of blessed genetics and his work ethic. And that's with the lack of run blocking and other offensive threats, even just based off the eye test along with the numbers, Henry is still a top 3 back. Running backs usually start declining after leading the league in carries.

One of my favorite narratives is that our oline is awful at run blocking. It's actually above average. Meanwhile henry has been below average as far as runs over expected goes. Henry is a titans legend but his best days are most certainly behind him
Henry's days "appear" to be behind him...give him a better OL, WRs that scare defences and an OC that has a fricking clue... he will return to BeastMode

We have No balance; we have no passing threat. Opposing teams stack 8-9 in the box majority of the time, due to the predictability of our play calling. That being said, I think all that our Oline is AWEFUL PERIOD! We cannot effectively execute blocks.

Watching Henry get hit behind the line of scrimmage time and time again doesn't scream above average run blocking to me.

"Runs over expected". Is that one of those "4.3 yards running left in to a tail wind when the offense is pointed east with winds over 13.4mph and the left tackles shoe lace is untied" stats?

I think people are giving up on Henry way too early. He simply doesn't have the support he needs.
And is still #2 and close to another 1500 yard season.

I can do the research later, but the list of RB with 3 seasons above 1500 is pretty damn short. Without injury, he’s easily have 4 straight and possibly broken the 2K mark a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back