Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Malik’s highlights in college and had no clue what the hype was out. Didn’t even look like a good QB, let alone an NFL Starter. I didn’t have a problem with taking a chance in the 3rd round, but he’s even worse than I thought he was. Lack’s intelligence and accuracy. Can’t make all the throws. Exactly what you DON’T want in your QB.
I wasn't impressed by his college highlights either. 90% of them were him running. It shows that he's playing with the big boys now as he can't just outrun everyone and WRs aren't wide open in the NFL (unless they're playing against the Titans D)

I wasn't impressed by his college highlights either. 90% of them were him running. It shows that he's playing with the big boys now as he can't just outrun everyone and WRs aren't wide open in the NFL (unless they're playing against the Titans D)

Could be the reasons some think he looks good in practice....

mw7 scrambled past DL a few times today... like 80% of the time he attempted the same shoulder fake to zero effect giving up 4 yards or so that was there if he just kept running forward

mw7 scrambled past DL a few times today... like 80% of the time he attempted the same shoulder fake to zero effect giving up 4 yards or so that was there if he just kept running forward
Yeah, he doesn't look particularly elusive or fast going against the big boys.

Tammy is better than Malik but Tammy is just a fluffer, teasing us with ok regular season stats and thinking we have a shot going into playoffs then he ultimately becomes a POS inept turnover machine. This is a QB rich draft, trade Tammy and Malik, go on in and try to get one of the top 5 QBs. I don't care who, we just know Tammy's time is up and Malik ain't it.
Put Tammy on the Niners… SB. Watched Purdy for the 2nd time, he’s a player, but Tammy in there would be deadly. I think Niners best team in NFL. Year before last, I thought that of us! Fully behind the firing of Jrob now, even though I’m just now seeing how much he trashed an excellent team he built… We have to bring Tammy back next year, spend what draft capital we have on OL, and draft the future QB year after with something we can work with. We wasted a third this year on Squirrel Boy, and now we are fucked.

Malik is a great tank commander for 2023 if we can't get a quarterback this year.

He is completely unable to function as an NFL quarterback. There's rawness and then there's being ****ing terrible at football. Malik is the latter.

And the "blessed to be here" stuff is nice and all but you are ngmi as an NFL quarterback with these kind of mentals.

I've been saying for the last 5-6 weeks we need to let Malik prove he can be a NFL QB next year. Because even worst case scenario, he's awful and we can draft top 3 next year. Best case scenario, he figures it out and you got a franchise QB at 3rd round prices.

I've been saying for the last 5-6 weeks we need to let Malik prove he can be a NFL QB next year. Because even worst case scenario, he's awful and we can draft top 3 next year. Best case scenario, he figures it out and you got a franchise QB at 3rd round prices.
Willis has a long way to go to even be a serviceable backup. He's yet another swing-and-miss by JRob.

Gore was a completely different running back. Henry is a one trick pony. Gore didn’t have to carry his entire offense on his back. Henry has been ran into the ground. He’s already showing signs of decline. He’s not gonna make it past 30. You can take that to the bank.
I disagree. Henry is one of a kind and completely committed to being the best at his position.

Yes, he's going to decline, but I can easily see him having a career like Gore.

Oh HAIL NAW!

We've already seen MWs ceiling and it's pretty real low. Literally ANYONE else at QB would be an improvement .

I disagree. Henry is one of a kind and completely committed to being the best at his position.

Yes, he's going to decline, but I can easily see him having a career like Gore.
You can disagree all you want, you’re wrong. Henry isn’t making anyone miss. He runs through people. He’s already declining rapidly at his ability to do that. If you can’t see it, you’re blind. Once that’s gone, he’s just a big body and will be finished.

Full on tank mode next year with Willis as the star. Get our QB. After next year a lot of those bloated contracts we have right now will be off the books.

You can disagree all you want, you’re wrong. Henry isn’t making anyone miss. He runs through people. He’s already declining rapidly at his ability to do that. If you can’t see it, you’re blind. Once that’s gone, he’s just a big body and will be finished.
Disagree

The 48 yard TD run was not through anyone.

he dodged the first guy with a jump step and then put on the burners (he still has them) directly between 2 defenders and only got caught inside the 5.

so your general description of “what he is”
was completely pushed aside on his best run of the day.

Is it reasonable to expect any 6'4" 247lb RB to "make people miss"

You don't race a Harley Davidson..

Henry is built to run through you not around you ( although he's shown he can)...the Titans have failed him with this OL, the WRs and not using/having a speed back to compliment him properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back