Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in agreement. So who next?
callahan, his offense is modern and he's succeeded even when burrow was out
not a sure thing but none of these coaches are, especially with our roster they will inherit

here's a description of the slowick offense i found very eye opening: (from a texans beat reporter)
Someone who writes about the Panthers asked me what the "Pros" of Bobby Slowik are for Carolina and I figure I'll put this here too: Incredibly *intentional* offense, in every sense of the word. Starts with the running game and keeping quarterback under center. Nullifies pressure and opens up play action shots. Condensed formations and motion to open up the whole field and try to get defensive tells. Blocking schemes are very deliberate to buy time for routes (uses additional blockers) and he frequently neutralizes opposing elite pass rushers. Made every skill player on the team better and played guys to their best roles from Nico, Tank, Schultz, Singletary, Brevin etc. Pretty much the exact opposite of leaving Bryce out to die in shotgun without marrying any concepts together like Reich.
sounds like every boring titans offense ive ever watched
i dont wanna live through another decade of run run pass, big formations, playaction stuff

throw the damn ball

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds nothing at all like Titans... the final description does though - "leaving Bryce out to die in shotgun without marrying any concepts together like Reich."... except Titans leave QBs out to die using 3 step drop cause OL that awful

I am not against a solid running game to protect L8, not at all. And PA on 1st down should be part of that

sounds nothing at all like Titans... the final description does though - "leaving Bryce out to die in shotgun without marrying any concepts together like Reich."... except Titans leave QBs out to die using 3 step drop cause OL that awful

I am not against a solid running game to protect L8, not at all. And PA on 1st down should be part of that
common titans fan. happy with the status quo. sad.

not a sure thing but none of these coaches are, especially with our roster they will inherit

here's a description of the slowick offense i found very eye opening: (from a texans beat reporter)

i dont wanna live through another decade of run run pass, big formations, playaction stuff

throw the damn ball
We definitely have the QB now to air it out...let's hope our new HC uses him that way.

I honestly don't see the hype in him. Never have. Nothing special in this Lions offense. People act like he's coaching the 99 Rams offense.
Agree that it's a little hard to tell if Ben Johnson is solely responsible for the success of the Detroit offense. One of the best O-lines in the NFL, ProBowl TE, 2 very good RBs, a competent QB, plus an All-Pro WR. There might be only 2-3 Titans that would start on offense for Detroit. When you have a bunch of players that will more often than not win their one on one battles, most offensive plays will be successful.

throw the damn ball

You sold me at 'blocking schemes.'

I'm thinking about why a decision hasn't been made yet, but what if that candidate is still in the playoffs? It's been my long assertion the Titans offense is antiquated. Maybe they are looking to interview an OC from one of the surviving teams in the playoffs. Just a thought but probably wrong :)

O-line coaching here has been awful since Munchak. We cannot draft or coach them up. I want OC that schemes wr open and is multiple. Meaning the way we are lined up you do not know what the play is. On Defense can we have a DC that does play off on 3rd and ten plus and gives it up nearly every time. We have a good core defense here but we expect for to get there most of the time. We need Db's S play the ball not a zone, or can play the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back