Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirmon is awfully light in he britches to play middle linebacker, taking on blocks from offensive linemen and fullbacks on running plays. I think he could have enormous difficulty being a run stopper....but, hey, what do I know?

Titans reach agreement with speedy LB Thornton

The Tennessee Titans added some speed to linebacking corps, reaching a contract agreement with unrestricted free agent David Thornton. ...more

"Thornton, rated by ESPN.com as the No. 22 most attractive free agent."

of course ... we don't sign top 20 FA's

"Bulluck has also started at both outside spots for the Titans, and so the pair provides the inventive Schwartz considerable flexibility."

"inventive" ? I'd rather have consistent

Alrighty we gotta chance

Now Schwartz has no reason to complain about talent

Now we put Sirmon in the middle and we will have a good LB corp.

Because ESPN's top 20 probably consist mainly of over-the-hill and overpaid players in the position where the Titans have no dire need, such as O-line or RB.

Starkiller said:
Good move here, though of course we haven't seen the terms yet. But he's a good LB.

these terms ?

five-year contract that averages about $4.5 million annually. The deal includes $8 million in bonuses.

Yeah, this is a nice pick-up. I'm not concerned about ESPN's rankings. He'll fit in nicely here. $4.5 mil isn't a whole lot, either. Considering Witherspoon signed for, like, $6 mill (??)

This makes me think that Floyd might draft a safety (Daniel Bullocks?) in round 2...but something tells me he'll try and work some Floyd-magic on draft day. Maybe trade down to snag another 2nd or a 3rd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back