Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puck said:
these terms ?

five-year contract that averages about $4.5 million annually. The deal includes $8 million in bonuses.
That doesn't tell us that much. We don't know how much of those bonuses count up front. We don't know how much of the base salaries are backloaded. Lets wait and see how much he'll count over, say, the first 3 years...

Starkiller said:
Sirmon's deal runs out after 2006. And they could easily draft a MLB, but I'm not going to assume it just yet.

I know, but has to be considered a "need" position (behind maybe a OT, S, or QB), and since OLB is sewed up, I think MLB could be an even greater priority.

KamikaZ said:
I know, but has to be considered a "need" position (behind maybe a OT, S, or QB), and since OLB is sewed up, I think MLB could be an even greater priority.
I agree, but it depends in large part on whether there is a MLB available who they think is worth the pick or if there are other more highly ranked players available.

PUKE! PUKE! PUKE! I really hate to see David Thornton go to Nashville. IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT. I am exasperated that we let another good linebacker get away.

I'm really glad for David because the money seems GREAT. But it breaks my heart to see him go. Now I have to root against him. At least until the Titans are out of the AFC South chase.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Richard

This is a solid move because it really fills a serious hole in the defense. We now have one less postion we need to worry about in the draft.

It is possible that a solid WR available in the 2nd, assuming one we really like is there could be a higher priority. We also could look more seriously at OT in the 2nd (assuming we can get a big upgrade over Stewart). If they are really high on a MLB or S it wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Twelfth Man said:
PUKE! PUKE! PUKE! I really hate to see David Thornton go to Nashville. IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT. I am exasperated that we let another good linebacker get away.

I'm really glad for David because the money seems GREAT. But it breaks my heart to see him go. Now I have to root against him. At least until the Titans are out of the AFC South chase.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Richard

Orh come on. You got Rocky Calmus from us last year. This is a fair trade :lol:

The other big thing about signing Thornton, outside of him being a good player, is leadership.

Captain for the Colts, and not a head case. He sounds like a class guy and should be good for the locker room.

The more I read and hear, the better I think it is. I'm pretty excited.

I think the second round of the draft for us is going to be either MLB, S or OT. I know that's a wide range of positions, but if I had to guess, I'd take safety out of the equation. Too bad Ahmad Brooks isn't coming out. I'd draft him in the 2nd if he fell and let him heal for a year.

Wouldn't mind Chris Hope or Lawyer Milloy myself at safety.

I love that he was president of his high school class. I also love that he was a walk-on that made good. But this is the most important thing I've read on Dave Thornton yet:

In four previous seasons with the Colts, the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Thornton only missed one game, playing in 63 total contests with 47 starts.

:applause: :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back