Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a pretty good deal, I'm excited :banana:

I'd like to see Sirmon get a shot at the middle now. It'd be nice to draft one of the good guys for the middle, but we may be putting too many of our eggs into one basket with the LB's. I never saw Sirmon in college, but some scouting report I saw had him listed as an ILB and like 248 lbs.

Gunny said:
The other big thing about signing Thornton, outside of him being a good player, is leadership.

Captain for the Colts, and not a head case. He sounds like a class guy and should be good for the locker room.
I have met Thornton several times, and he is without a doubt, one of the finest people you would ever want to meet. One example that stood out was when he was shopping at the downtown mall, and was being approached by a lot of fans for autographs. The store employee had asked if he wanted them to keep the fans away so he could shop in peace. He said, "No, I enjoy this. it's not a problem."

He continued to shop and sign autographs, while talking to the fans.

I will miss him. Congrats on landing a class act.:thumb:

Twelfth Man said:
Now I have to root against him. At least until the Titans are out of the AFC South chase.

Richard

So really only until about week 6...maybe 7, huh? :winker: :kiss:

David's been a great guy to have on the team. Titans fans should be happy to have him.

By crikey, I'm really enthused for this pick-up. I didn't see it coming, but hey, I don't follow FA as much as I should. This is exactly the kind of pickup Tennessee were looking for; I can see some serious production coming from this.

Additionally, it's always nice to hear that a player (especially a class-act like Thornton) was so impressed with the coaching staff that he changed his plans entirely to sign.

Thornton in Titans blue... sounds damn good to me.

Gunny said:
yes, lets hope he can help us delve into the Colts playbook. :brow:

Stretch James Left, Stretch James Right, have Gomer pitch to the Weenie for a 7 yard hook. Rinse and repeat.

Wait something is missing:))

Just no 'Edge' to that offense....I guess Thornton isnt any use for that.

Though I can't wait for him to lay out Starvin' Marvin on a nice crossing route....wait, he don't run those does he?

mehr64.gif

art3a.jpg

Brothers?

That cartoon dude reminds me of Marvins eyes that time he made the incredible one handed catch against the titans. Yes, that was sweet. "WHAT A CIRCUS CATCH" per Bob Lamey.:ha:

Richard

wino said:
So really only until about week 6...maybe 7, huh? :winker: :kiss:
Class. Just can't come into the forum and talk without the smack? You do know there is a forum just for smack?

Oh well, looks like Colts are overdue for, and in need of, some humble pie.

Hoffa said:
Class. Just can't come into the forum and talk without the smack? You do know there is a forum just for smack?

Oh well, looks like Colts are overdue for, and in need of, some humble pie.

Well we can always resurrect the Colts vs Steelers playoff thread...:brow:

Congrats on getting Thornton. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. He was overshadowed this year by Brackett and June, but those two had so many "wow" type plays, that people forgot that Thornton was solid on every down. He can play both outside linebacker positions equally well and he's a leader with character. You guys may not notice him for the first few weeks and then all of the sudden, you'll be looking at stats, and he'll have lead your team in tackles in most games. He's a quiet killer.

I have always maintained that Thornton was the best LB you guys had.

What is going on with June and Brackett anyway? Gonna resign them? Free the space by trading choke boy and starting Sorgi? :winker:

BTW, it kills me to see a Colt uniform in my sig, but gotta support the new guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back