Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry was tremendous at doing the things that he doesn't normally do and that is picking up the blitz and catching balls out of the backfield.

Pruitt was awesome and will certainly see more playing time.

Swaim is a very poor blocker because he was consistently getting shoved backwards....unless the plan is to have his guy push him back 2 yrds to open a run lane

My fears about Molden are coming to fruition...he is too slow to chase a speedy slot wr in man coverage...2 weeks in a row has been responsible for giving up a big play....I like the kid and feel that he will be an impact player for us, but as a coach you have got to scheme to protect his lack of speed

Really looking forward to seeing how our pass rush is against a QB who isn't really a threat to run...my feeling is that Landry and Dupree have been coached to really set the edge on their rushes to make sure to not lose containment and they have done a good job with that...I'm expecting them to go after the QB more this week and I expect to see some stunts with them taking an inside route to the QB

Molden only played 9 snaps too, after playing over 50% in week 1.

I agree re Bud and Honor, that strategy makes sense against mobile QBs like Kyler and Russ. Be interesting to see if we switch it up moving forward.

Umm where have you been the past 15 years? You must be a new fan. And the Titans are yet to play a backup QB this year hence my response!

You ever see the Oilers play in the Dome? I have. That should give you some indication of how long I’ve been a fan. All matter of QBs have torched the Titans at some point or another. But I don’t think you would be able to provide proof that backups torch this team or any variation of this current team.

You ever see the Oilers play in the Dome? I have. That should give you some indication of how long I’ve been a fan. All matter of QBs have torched the Titans at some point or another. But I don’t think you would be able to provide proof that backups torch this team or any variation of this current team.
So you’ve seen the lineup of backup QBs that have taken the titans to the woodshed.
It’s a weird feature of the titans fan dome, accepting that we are not better off when a starting QB goes down.

nfl say that???

curious
I really didn’t like the non-safety call. They didn’t blow the whistle for “in the grasp” at the 1. It was like they watched what happened, knew it should have been safety but said, we’re in Seattle, better put them arbitrarily at the 1 which I’m not even sure that’s where he was IF they were to call in the grasp.

I get the Julio TD catch per the rule, just think if his toes touched first, that’s 2 feet in.

So you’ve seen the lineup of backup QBs that have taken the titans to the woodshed.
It’s a weird feature of the titans fan dome, accepting that we are not better off when a starting QB goes down.

I just disagree. It’s something the fans have made a thing out of because you think losing to a backup is some huge negative. Some of y’all make more out of it. It I wonder how many backups have beaten bad football teams, which this Titans team is not. That is my point. A lot of QBs beat our 2-14 teams.

But there should be no argument that we would rather face Eason than Wentz.

Dan Orlovsky - Wikipedia

worst one I remember... phonies were sucking4luck... locked down 1st overall week before that game IIRC...

yep 0-13 phonies behind don brown & orvlosky beat Titans by 2 TDs... Fing pathetic
That was the game. Couldn’t remember who their QB was that day, but that is among the most embarrassing losses for this franchise.
0-13 ponies with orlovsky ended a potential playoff season.

FYI. Titans beat Cody Kessler 30-9. 58% completions, 43 attempts for 240 yards .. wouldn’t call that torched. But maybe you do.
I appreciate the sentiment and maybe you have a point for recent history at least, but you did give me a small project. I’m going to go through the last 21 years and find all the backup QB games, our record, and any context that game may have held.

It very well could be a poker memory, we remember the bad beats but often forget some of the big wins.

Dan Orlovsky - Wikipedia

worst one I remember... phonies were sucking4luck... locked down 1st overall week before that game IIRC...

yep 0-13 phonies behind don brown & orvlosky beat Titans by 2 TDs... Fing pathetic

Titans had Hasselbeck at QB and were 7-7 at that point. Not a very good team. Dan Orlovsky went for 11-17 for 82 yards passing that day, DAMN what a torching.
It was a game the Titans shouldn’t have lost but it wasn’t the “ backup” QB torching us that did it.

Titans had Hasselbeck at QB and were 7-7 at that point. Not a very good team. Dan Orlovsky went for 11-17 for 82 yards passing that day, DAMN what a torching.
It was a game the Titans shouldn’t have lost but it wasn’t the “ backup” QB torching us that did it.
Leaf was 13 of 24 that day for a awesome 179 yards and no TDs and the Titans lost 13-7. Leaf was the starter, not a backup.
take those Ls easy do you???

Hey Mods, can we move these posts to the ancient history thread and not the we just came back from a crappy first half and beat the Seahawks thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back