Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes think Jessica is the only one on these game threads with BALLS!

Liked her calling out those guys over-reacting like little girls.

Now those two posters, Rock8Titans and SalmonSlayer, do nothing but rag on Tannehill (“Tammy”) from start to finish.

Henry is great, but most here understand the SINGLE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between the mediocre team of a few years ago, and this Super Bowl contender is Ryan effin Tannehill.

So, give us a break from the silly stuff….

I predicted the Titans would win by 1-3…last week was an aberration. Basically a preseason game for the offense. This team is going to be very good.

Coincidentally Henry’s career high in catches too. Only his 4th game with 3+ catches and his previous high was 4.

I like to see him involved in the passing game. I see it get brought up often that when he’s in, it is much less likely a passing play which ultimately hurts his running ability.
Apparently he spent a lot of time in the offseason working on his routes and catching drills. This wasn't a fluke, it's the product of this mans insane drive to become even better than he already is.

It’s so fun to go troll other forums after the Titans win. Even just to read the predictions, then read the comments and whining afterwards is enjoyable, even if you don’t join and troll.

We better get some calls our way this week. The Juliio Non-TD and the No-safety call were just outright egregiously wrong. Like not even close wrong.

One big adjustment in the 2nd half was we started throwing to the RBs more. We should always have Henry on screens but we saw short passes to Henry and McNichols where on occasion they were able to get up field and McNichols got a couple of crucial first downs. In fact Tannehill needs to be a little quicker on his outlets because he had an easy first down on one play where he did throw to the TE but he was already being hit. Let a TE help with pass blocking and slide off as an outlet. Same with RBs. Notice those work well when you have Julio and Brown getting attention from the Ss.

Pruitt had a real nice game and Rodgers also contributed as the 3rd WR. Just too many weapons for the defense and we saw it come together. They also brought Brown in tight and used him as a blocker which he is pretty good at. Helped spring Henry on his long run.

Great game with everyone contributing.

We should sit Henry on First downs instead of 3rd downs. He should be playing every third down with his pass catching ability / threat along with how he keeps the defense honest cuz they have to watch the run which Arthur Smith never used even tho it was obvious he could catch

Henry was tremendous at doing the things that he doesn't normally do and that is picking up the blitz and catching balls out of the backfield.

Pruitt was awesome and will certainly see more playing time.

Swaim is a very poor blocker because he was consistently getting shoved backwards....unless the plan is to have his guy push him back 2 yrds to open a run lane

My fears about Molden are coming to fruition...he is too slow to chase a speedy slot wr in man coverage...2 weeks in a row has been responsible for giving up a big play....I like the kid and feel that he will be an impact player for us, but as a coach you have got to scheme to protect his lack of speed

Really looking forward to seeing how our pass rush is against a QB who isn't really a threat to run...my feeling is that Landry and Dupree have been coached to really set the edge on their rushes to make sure to not lose containment and they have done a good job with that...I'm expecting them to go after the QB more this week and I expect to see some stunts with them taking an inside route to the QB

Henry was tremendous at doing the things that he doesn't normally do and that is picking up the blitz and catching balls out of the backfield.

Pruitt was awesome and will certainly see more playing time.

Swaim is a very poor blocker because he was consistently getting shoved backwards....unless the plan is to have his guy push him back 2 yrds to open a run lane

My fears about Molden are coming to fruition...he is too slow to chase a speedy slot wr in man coverage...2 weeks in a row has been responsible for giving up a big play....I like the kid and feel that he will be an impact player for us, but as a coach you have got to scheme to protect his lack of speed

Really looking forward to seeing how our pass rush is against a QB who isn't really a threat to run...my feeling is that Landry and Dupree have been coached to really set the edge on their rushes to make sure to not lose containment and they have done a good job with that...I'm expecting them to go after the QB more this week and I expect to see some stunts with them taking an inside route to the QB

Yeah. They've clearly been playing to contain. And it worked, Russell had to step up where Simmons was waiting for him.

Can't wait to see those guys against either a hobbled Wentz or Eason next week.

Eason is really really bad. If he gets the start, should be fun.

Yeah. They've clearly been playing to contain. And it worked, Russell had to step up where Simmons was waiting for him.

Can't wait to see those guys against either a hobbled Wentz or Eason next week.

Eason is really really bad. If he gets the start, should be fun.

be careful backup qbs have a history of torching the Titans. Hopefully that trend has ended though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back