Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanny is going to blow up this year. We may end up with the most efficient o in the league. Our running game will be top 5, our pass game will be top 10 and our d will be top 5. Sb coming to Nashville

I don't think our d falls off. We lost casey and ryan. But our team is really young and getting better. Evans, brown, landry, jackson and simmons will all be better. We added beasley and fulton and we'll be getting butler back. The casey and Ryan losses aren't so bad, especially considering ryan fell off toward the end of the season.

This is my thought as well. Lost Casey, Ryan, and added Beasley. This D will take a step back. Adding Clowney would really help IMO.

I think by mid-season Fulton will be an upgrade over Ryan.

Beasley is definitely an upgrade over Injured cam wake.

And lots of young guys should improve. I see the defense getting better.

I don't think our d falls off. We lost casey and ryan. But our team is really young and getting better. Evans, brown, landry, jackson and simmons will all be better. We added beasley and fulton and we'll be getting butler back. The casey and Ryan losses aren't so bad, especially considering ryan fell off toward the end of the season.
Pees said last yr the reason we saw the D dip down the stretch was due to the QB play, and obviously Logan Ryan falling off.

Its kind of hard to gauge where this D will rank considering we had 2 defenses last yr, and we dont know who is our defensive playcaller going into 2020

But due to having a QB I sorta see them playing conservative again.

Pees said last yr the reason we saw the D dip down the stretch was due to the QB play, and obviously Logan Ryan falling off.

Its kind of hard to gauge where this D will rank considering we had 2 defenses last yr, and we dont know who is our defensive playcaller going into 2020

But due to having a QB I sorta see them playing conservative again.
Must have missed this. He was saying the defense got worse because our QB got better? Does he mean because O drives took less time off the clock because they weren't just grinding out runs?

Must have missed this. He was saying the defense got worse because our QB got better? Does he mean because O drives took less time off the clock because they weren't just grinding out runs?
He said he moved to a more zone based scheme since Tanny was scoring more.

When youre up you have that luxury

I think by mid-season Fulton will be an upgrade over Ryan.

Beasley is definitely an upgrade over Injured cam wake.

And lots of young guys should improve. I see the defense getting better.
You think a rookie will be better than Ryan by week 8, in an off season where he may get less work due to COVID? Not saying you're going to be wrong, I'd love for that to be the case. But I'd be surprised.

I agree with the Beasley and Wake part, but who's filling in on the DL? Simmonds should improve, but Jones is okay at best. Who's left after those 2 guys? Nobody close to Casey's caliber, even if he was aging.

Did Pees mean the QB play of the other team? Brees and Watson were down the stretch.
Injuries also hurt the D. Beginning of the year, Titans fans united with "the best secondary in the league". Then we watched AJ25 and Butler go down leaving Ryan pretty much by himself as CB.

Did Pees mean the QB play of the other team? Brees and Watson were down the stretch.
Injuries also hurt the D. Beginning of the year, Titans fans united with "the best secondary in the league". Then we watched AJ25 and Butler go down leaving Ryan pretty much by himself as CB.
No Pees praised Tanny and the O for moving the ball and scoring points. He said thats why we stopped playing aggressive. Basically because the O was doing their job.

Titans only blitzed 130x, super low. But if we have to we will. We just got good in O so he got to call a laxed game

You think a rookie will be better than Ryan by week 8, in an off season where he may get less work due to COVID? Not saying you're going to be wrong, I'd love for that to be the case. But I'd be surprised.

I agree with the Beasley and Wake part, but who's filling in on the DL? Simmonds should improve, but Jones is okay at best. Who's left after those 2 guys? Nobody close to Casey's caliber, even if he was aging.

I don't think Ryan was very good in coverage last year anyway. In fact he was pretty terrible. And Fulton will be asked to be the 3rd corner initially. He's not going to be lined up one on one with Julio Jones or Hopkins or anything. I think hell be an adequate replacement in the short term, and eventually be our CB2 when butler leaves.

As for the line, I don't think we're done yet. I think either clowney or griffin will be there week one. Simmons should improve to become a real stud. We'll be fine there, barring injuries.

I think our offense does make things harder on our d but not in a bad way. We are bottom of the league in plays per drive and top per drive. But we are in the top half in points per drive and yards per drive. Which just goes back to how efficient we were. How many 10 play drives did we even have?

The biggest losses to the D are Pees, McKenzie and Coombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back